「 ending 」

23:59.

one minute before his birthday and he was busy as ever. sketching and erasing, sketching and erasing. what a tedious process of sketching and erasing. all to make this project for his special someone perfect.

what a cutie.

he has been perfecting this project since 22:00. he wasn't willing to go to bed without making sure this sunflower was in perfect detail.

00:00

still busy, switching from pencil to eraser. and maybe an occasional sigh of annoyance.

00:10

the boy has been eighteen for ten minutes now and he still hasn't noticed. well, if it wasn't for jay calling him to tell him happy birthday, he wouldn't even notice.

after that brief call, he opened up his phone, went on messenger and checked the group chat with his friends.

nothing much but birthday greetings and weird chats from jay and kai announcing that lloyd was missing cause he hasn't noticed the greetings.

ridiculous.

as if a small light bulb turned on in his mind, he instantly checked his conversation with y/n. he was expecting a birthday greeting.

yet, there wasn't any.

he felt his heart shatter a little. a little? ha! try a lot.

he was... disappointed at least. but it's not like he can be mad at her for something so trivial. surely, she'll greet him later, right?

hopefully.

00:47

almost finished with the sunflower. just a few outlines left before perfection. perfection? who was lloyd kidding? the drawing was far from perfection. he might even scrap it for the millionth time and start all over. but, maybe that would be a bad idea.

he wanted to ask y/n to finally be his girlfriend. the faster he finishes this project, the faster that will happen. but that doesn't mean he'll give her a subpar project.

no.

1:05

a knock. there... was a knock. maybe this was a sign that he should hit the hay and get some shut eye. maybe it's another sleep deprivation induced hallucination and he should really need some sleep.

but lloyd? and sleep? you'll only see those words in a sentence if the word never is in between.

and lloyd has to do the most logical thing and get up to the window and check whoever or whatever was knocking.

not the most brilliant idea, but hey! this was lloyd montgomery garmadon and he was a dumbass.

as he got closer to the window, a silhouette of a hooded figure could be outlined. who could it be tho?

uncle wu? but what would he be doing here in the late hours of the night? surely not to greet lloyd a happy eighteenth birthday.

lloyd opened the window. again, he was not the brightest lightbulb.

"y/n?" he questioned. and the hooded person removed their hood and to behold– y/n!

she sent lloyd a small smile. "happiest birthday, lloyd."

lloyd chuckled a bit and felt his heart skip a beat.  "did you really come all this way to greet me?"

"why yes i did!" she answered with a shrug.