Chapter 6: nightmares at night

Its been a while since she stayed at Alastor's home, trying her hardest to help around the house as well. She enjoyed his company. Every day was new and more beautiful than the last. A bit of a dance here, a bit of exploring there. She truly felt happy with him but sadly..she couldn't run from those horrifying dreams...it was that night again. The night she was murdered. The familiar scent of smoke filled the air.. it was his place...The man who betrayed her

She opened her eyes. She was back in her backyard, hiding away behind the shed. She shivered as she looked to her thigh, bleeding heavily. She couldn't run anymore but she needed to leave.Thats when she heard it. It was him. Her stalker...

"(Y/N)! get out now! You are coming to my place and I won't take no for an answer." He was chasing her all over the house and she knew that he could not be reasoned with. He was a friend but.. he didn't take her rejection quite well. He didn't want to let her go and there was no way she could escape.

"Please...." she begged. "Please for the love of god Jacob...I cant do this anymore...please leave.." She prayed. Would he listen? would her words reach him?

The man appeared next to her and smirked heavily.

"You ain't ever gonna leave me!"

A scream...It was enough to bring her back to consciousness and back in Alastor's arms. She was shaking like a leaf and tears streamed down.

"My dear, its ok...it was just a dream.." He consoled her, gently petting her back. "shhh.. i'm here... You had another nightmare again"

The woman sobbed softly in relief. It was over.. but those memories still haunted her. She grabbed on to Alastor, begging for him not to let go. The radio demon looked to the frightened rabbit, feeling her heart beat going so fast. He was used to frightened demons around him but seeing (Y/N) in such a frightened state made his chest feel tighter.

"I'm sorry Alastor..I...I keep...dreaming of the night I died..." she tried to let him go a bit but her body felt as though it was standing on the edge, shaking feverishly.

"no...its ok...just breathe...i'm right here with you..." he kissed her head, gently rubbing her back.

"That night I.....I was so scared..."

"Can you tell me?..tell me about that night...if you can of course..maybe sharing your experience may make those dreams go away..."

She nodded softly, feeling her breathing return to its normal rhythm.

"I was attacked by my stalker...he was once mu friend but when he asked me if i liked him the same way he did..I told him honestly that I didn't but i wanted to stay friends... and..."

"He didn't take it lightly.." he said gently wrapping her in the warm blankets, sitting up as he pulled her into his arms.

"He...he didn't.." she responded, feeling herself blush once more being in his arms. "He...he then began following him..sending me gifts..it came to a point where he'd call my house every night. I blocked his number and even filled a restraining order...

"Some days passed by and I was cooking dinner for myself and that's when he came in rushing through the front door with a knife. I know i locked the door and yet he came in. After being chased i got stabbed in the thigh...and i couldn't run anymore.."

She felt him gently brushing her hair our of her eyes.

"I....I was then found...and...the fighting continued... came to a point I took his knife and stabbed him..." she shivered even more feeling herself sob once more.

"It wasn't enough and I couldn't kill him fully...I didn't want to...he was my friend long ago and my heart was still fearful of hurting another being... and he took back his knife and stabbed me...and then...i was here... So to see myself like this..to be put through this horror again...I began feating people...but then...i met you..." she sobbed fully "Alastor...is it wrong of me to be like this?"

Alastor gently pet her head, kissing her head. "shhh...its over...he won't be able to reach you here... and you have nothing to be shamed of..."

She sobbed softly in his arms. "Thank you Alastor...please...please...I can't be left alone like this...please.." she raised her head to him. "stay with me.."

Those words were more than enough to make the deer demon gently soothe her but in a way of a lover.. Her gently held her chin and smiled. "i promise i won't leave you...and this i vow...with this..." he turned her head a bit closer to her and pressed his lips on her soft ones. Her eyes widened but she soon relaxed and let herself go to him. Her hand was letting go of his coat and she felt his hand grab hers softly.

He pulled away looking in her eyes. She smiled and looked in his. "Alastor..." she cupped his cheek and he smirked.

The young woman snuggled into his chest and he softly laid down with her in the bed, softly petting her head. "Get all the rest you need, i'll be here with you." And from those words, she fell asleep, and without nightmares.