S I X T E E N

December 7th

December 7th

"Basketball is boring." Xander got frustrated when Tay continued scoring from the 3 point line.

"You just ass." Iman said smartly.

"Fuck both of y'all. I wanna go home." He flopped backwards tiredly. He didn't wanna come anyways but Tay threatened to shoot him and for some reason he believed the boy.

"Get up. Get happy. You don't got cancer no more so smile bitch." He felt his hair stick to his skin and realized he really was sweaty.

"You look like one of them Egyptian niggas but black as hell." Xander said randomly, noticing Tays unique features.

He was darkskin with ashy black hair like Xander, but Xander's was courser and cut short. Tays eyes were a bright light brown color and his eyebrows were full and thick, complimenting his other strong features.

Tays hair had grown all the way out and touched his upper back when it was weighed down. Every time he tried to cut Laylani got mad so he was just letting it grow and getting lineups.

"I'm a sexy African nigga is all. Iman where that nigga from?" Tay asked, referring to their dad.

"Some North African country." Iman spoke and crossed Xander up again.

Xander frowned at the subject before putting his poker face back on and shrugging it off. He looked at Iman and Tay and wondered why he couldn't have a bond like that but decided to just change the subject.

"You never really talk about Deion or Xavier." Iman pointed out.

"I care about Xavier I guess." He answered vaguely even though he knew that answer wouldn't cut it.

"Answer forreal. You don't gotta hide nothing from me, I don't judge but he do."

"I don't like Deion and I wanna punch both of his ugly ass kids. He's entitled and I'll beat his ass if he ever come at me crazy. Xavier got a silver spoon in his mouth too but eh." He loved Xavier but he didn't show it and didn't feel the need to. As far as he was concerned he didn't love anybody.

"They make you feel left out and shit? You don't seem real attached."

"I was born by myself and I'll die by myself. What the fuck can family do for me that I can't do for myself? Nothing." He shrugged and pushed Cali and Aaron to the back of his head. If they loved him they'd treat him like family, not a guest.

They said they did but they had an awful way of showing it. Letting somebody live with you doesn't equate to love.

"If you don't like sports what do you like?" Iman asked out of curiosity.

"Nothing." He said quietly, thinking about the notebook full of stuff he'd die before letting someone read.

"I gotta go to south projects tomorrow. You coming?" Iman asked carefully, looking over at his brother and getting a nod.