Linh's Death

So, just a heads up, this one IS in my kotlc oneshots book, but I read through it again and honestly, I kinda liked it, so i'm Putting it here cuz i'm Not sure how many of you guys also read that book, so yeah, i'll Stop talking now XD

I ripped my arm from Keefe's grip, willing the images burned behind my eyelids to disappear. Everything was numbed--my friend's voices seemed a mile away, my breathing erratic and shallow. I felt myself stumble to the wall and sink to the ground, my hands gripping my hair as tears ran down my face.

There was so much blood.

I'd taken a gamble. I'd taken a gamble and I'd lost. I'd lost everything. Her last reassuring smile, her closed eyes, the tears falling down her cheeks as the blade sank in...

I felt like throwing up. My face was buried in my arms, my knees pulled up to my chest. I gritted my teeth, trying to stop the sobs from racking my body. I couldn't cry in front of them.

But it didn't matter. None of it mattered.

Linh was gone. Keefe had pulled me away, pulled me into the light and back to a world I didn't want to go to, didn't want to be a part of. Linh was all I had. She was the only reason I survived our parents, survived Exillium...and it was my fault she was dead.

Someone was shaking my shoulder, calling my name. Saying something about the shadows. Did I care? Did I know that my power was out of control, the shadows stretching and dimming the lights?

No. I didn't.

They were going to move on. They were going to keep moving like nothing was wrong. Like we hadn't lost her. Like she wasn't lying somewhere, the life drained and her blood on the stones.

So much blood...

They wanted a plan? Fine. I'd give them a plan. They could say whatever they wanted. That we would go in stealthily, infiltrate without a sound. And I'd agree. I'd do it.

But I can't stay still forever. I'd make sure they were all out, that they were all safe. Then I'd go back in, seal the entrance and make sure none of them can escape. My sister's murderers. They would pay. They would regret ever taking me, ever teaching me how to use my ability.

Linh wasn't here to tell me to stop. She wasn't here to tell me that if I did this, I would be no better than them. And it was their fault.

Sophie would say no. Keefe would go pale. Biana would try to talk me out of it. Fitz would look at me in shock. Dex wouldn't know what to say.

I was just leveling the playing field. If they wouldn't, I would. What was their plan? To just let them hurt us over and over? Didn't they realize how unfair the world was?

Of course not. They hadn't gone through what Linh and I had. And I refused to live another second without her.

The silver blade. The stain spreading as she fell to the ground.

There was so much blood. 

———————————————————————————————

Linh cannot die. Linh will not die. And that is final.

YOU HEAR THAT SHANNON MESSENGER?? IT'S FINAL!!!!!