Chapter 42

Miko and Raf sat on the couch, watching Ratchet, Knockout and Shockwave prepare for the start of the surgery, waiting for the anesthesia to settle for Jack so they could proceed.

Shockwave was helping Amal get her arm open properly, pushing around on the arm to find the pressure point. Amal winced when he pressed as hard as he could on her upper arm, satisfied when he heard a sharp click followed by a latch on her forearm popping open.

Shockwave pulled it up and looked in. "It seems to have shifted quite a bit since I last checked." The scientist gave Amalgamous a look. The young girl smiled sheepishly. "I've been busy." She said with a shrug as he sighed.

Shockwave reaches his holoforms hand in and pulled a wire, making Amal's head twitch. "My left eye went dark." She mumbled and Shockwave put it back tighter. She blinked before grinning. "Hey! That was better than before." She said, gazing into her forearm.

"We can work on your wires and pipes later. Right now, we must help the Autobots human."

"Jack, Shockwave. His name's Jack."

Shockwave didn't say anything as he walked over to a small room outside the main room and Amal followed, hoping the Autobots and Decepticons would be able to pull it together for one surgery to save a close friend to the Autobots, and a former enemy of the Decepticons.

~

June had never felt so nervous in her life than two hours after Jack had went into surgery with those they considered enemies a few months prior to now. It made her extremely nervous, but Ratchet and Optimus reassured her that nothing would happen to Jack while they were in the surgery with him.

Either way, she wanted to be in there with him, but the hospital got backed up and it made the Autobots even more worried to wait any longer with Shockwave warning them that something could go wrong at any second the longer they wait and Jack was eager to get his new arm.

The door opened to the surgery room, and Ratchet's holoform stepped out, taking off Energon covered gloves. "He'll be fine." Ratchet said with a gentle smile to the woman as her, Miko and Raf stood up from the floor.

June sighed in relief, not being able to hide her wide grin. "Thank you, Ratchet." She whispered happily. "I can't take the credit. It was all Shockwave." Ratchet said as the Decepticon's holoform appeared out of the room.

June couldn't help herself as she tightly hugged the Scientist, which caught him by surprise. He shifted uncomfortably with his hands up as June let go. "Thank you, Shockwave." She said with genuine happiness in her voice. "You're, uh, welcome." Shockwave coughed as June went into the room to see her son.

Amal appeared behind Shockwave, fiddling with some wires in her arm. "Shockwave and June, sittin' in a tree, k-I—" Megatron appeared behind the young girl and smacked her upside the head, making her wince. "Fucking uncalled for, asshat." She mumbled, clicking a wires back into place in her arm that was covered in Energon.

"What was that from anyhow?" Ratchet asked, motioning to the Energon covering her arm. "Shockwave pulled the wrong wire, so now I have like 1/8 a tank of Energon." Amal mumbled angrily as she slammed her arm panel shut, flexing each finger individually to make sure they worked.

"My apologies." The scientist said simply, adjusting his eyepatch slightly before going to wash his hands off. They watched him go before Ratchet looked at Amal.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For helping save a friend."

Amal smiled and simply nodded before walking away to clean herself up with the Decepticon leader behind her, rubbing her head as a congratulations.