Chapter 49

"Okay, but that makes no sense."

"It makes perfect sense. Your brain power just can't handle it."

"Hey! That's ru—"

Amal clicked off the com link through Optimus's radio, cutting off the pink haired girl and seeker's argument to switch to a classic rock station. "I swear, they would be great frenemies." Amal said, rubbing her forehead while giving a small smirk to the dash in front of her. "It seems so." Optimus responded.

It was silent for a second, making Amal swallow hard from her anxiety. "What is on your mind, Amalgamous?" The Prime broke he silence suddenly. Amal looked at the slightly moving steering wheel before sighing.

"Megs and I had an argument."

"Oh."

"Yea."

"...may I ask about what?"

Amal sighed heavily as her stomach turned anxiously. "He wanted me to promise that if the humans sent y'all away, that I'd forget about them...that'd I run away from the human world and live a new life." Amal mumbled angrily before scoffing and raising her voice. "Can you believe him? To think he has the fucking right to raise me for all these years, teach me all I know then force me to just forget about everything they've taught me to be. The n-nerve of that—that fu—" Amal choked on her words, biting her sleeve.

A tear rolled down her pale face as Optimus's holoform appeared in the driver's seat, facing her with concern laced in his eyes. "Amalgamous." He said gently. "I'll do f-fine without that idiot anyways. I-I can live on my own, I d-don't need his help." Amal mumbled angrily, crossing her arms and staring out the front windshield.

Optimus sighed and rested a hand on her head. Amal sniffed harshly. "It's not fair Optimus. Why couldn't life just be the same?" Amal asked the Autobot leader. Optimus vented out. "Because that's life, Amalgamous. If it were to stay the same, it wouldn't be life. Life is filled with different turns that none of us expected. If it was that simple, we wouldn't be here today." Amal processed that information, hugging herself more.

Optimus gazed out his mirror faintly to see Megatron's truck behind him before looking back at Amal. "When I first found out who you were talking about as your family, I was in denial that the Decepticons we're capable of giving such emotion. But I've come to realize, that the price of war has effected the Autobots just as equally as the Decepticons." The Prime told the young girl.

"How so?"

"The Autobots have forgotten that we are all the same, deep down. That we hold special places in our sparks for those we care about, that we all miss Cybertron and all long to go home. That in reality, we are one."

Amal looked at Optimus. "You believe that?" She asked and the Autobot nodded. "And it goes the same among our human allies too. We all want to live the same, simple life. But sadly, we have a bigger cause before we can get close to that." Optimus explained and took his hand off the young girl's head.

Amal swallowed. "I'm scared, Optimus." She said truthfully. "Of?" The Prime asked, a puzzling look settling his face. Amal glanced at his mirrors for a second before suddenly hugging the Autobot leader, catching him by surprise.

"Losing."

~

With three hours left of the drive, the Cybertronians and humans made one last pit stop. "You just had to drink that large slurpee." Jack complained to Miko. She flipped him off, Raf quickly sighing and scurrying into the old gas station. The Cybertronians quickly went behind a large hill nearby to refuel as well while the humans scurried around the gas station.

Amal stretched next to Optimus, grumbling at her popping bones. "Man, I need to get a chiropractor." She mumbled to herself before plopping her hands to her sides and turning around. She saw Megatron sitting next to Starscream, the two quietly talking with the seeker rolling his optics.

"Go." Optimus said behind her. "Hmph." Amal said stubbornly. Optimus nudged her with his ped. "What're you gonna do to make me? Squish me?" Amal said sarcastically. Optimus looked down at her seriously.

"If necessary."

"Rude!"

Amal was staring up at the Prime with a hard stare. He motioned his helm in the direction of his arch nemesis, making her sigh. The young girl turned and started over to the two Decepticons, hearing Optimus sit down behind her to watch.

"Oh no, it's you again."

"Shut up." Amal said, rolling her eyes at Starscream. The seeker smirked and held his servo out to her, which she climbed onto. Megatron didn't say anything as he glanced at her balancing on Starscream's servo. "You've seem to be having a grand time with this road trip." Amal said to the seeker, making him roll his optics.

"Such a swell time."

Amal chuckled before Starscream suddenly put her on Megatron's shoulder pad. "Have fun." The SIC said suddenly as he got up. Amal glared daggers at him as he walked away before sighing, knowing it was the right thing to do.

"Sooo..." Amal said, turning to face Megatron. "That's how you start off a conversation after that?" Megatron mumbled, rubbing his helm. Amal smiles slightly, folding her arms behind her back and rocking back and forth. "Sorry for ditching you for Optimus. You pissed me off." Amal said to the Warlord, who looked at her with a roll of his optics.

"Like it bothered me."

"You were soooo jealous."

"I don't get jealous."

Amal gave him a 'bitch please' look making him sigh. "Fine, but if you tell anyone." Amal smiled. "Your secrets safe with me." She said before hugging his helm. "I hope the stupid humans will really listen to what we have to say about you guys staying." She said. Megatron sighed and leaned his helm toward her hold; his way of hugging back when he was in alt form.

"And why is that?"

"Because I don't know what'd I do if I didn't have you."