15. Ice

This chapter is dedicated to my late DOBERMAN 🐾

***

"Ice"

I called as I looked down at my old boy he was ten now & in no time he will be eleven, it's sad to see him grow, he has been there for me from the time I was with Josh back in the days as for Jerry he is a little over two & half years, younger than Ice. As usual Ice wagged his tail as he looked up at me, he was tired of course age has got to him & he had been seriously ill for two time back in the days.

"Jerry" I chuckled as he came running & dashed the sofa "you naughty boy".

"Ice looks exhausted" Cindy murmured as she walked down the stairs "he is, growing old" I mumbled as I rubbed his belly.

"The other day, he was napping on our run" she chuckled as she poured herself a glass of cold milk.

"These days, he's less active" I said slowly as I walked towards the couch & sat with Jerry, who was as usual busy with his chew bone.

"Where's Tony by the way?" She asked.

"As usual with Bruce" I replied.

"Well, I was thinking why don't we invite Steve over for a movie or something...he needs a lot of catching up to do" she suggested.

"You mean, you need a lot of catching up to do...with him" I smirked a bit.

"I'm just being a friendly neighbour" she grinned as I nodded "sure".

"You think Tony will, mind" she looked at me "And why do you ask that?" I asked.

"He's not comfortable with captain America around you, so" she chuckled.

"Tony will always be, Tony" I mumbled as I stood up "So is that a, yes?" She asked.

"Yup" I nodded as she smiled "I'm calling him right away, then".

"Star Trek...is that even a name of a movie?" Steve looked confused "yes, it is" Cindy mumbled.

"We are not going to watch Star Trek, Star Wars it is" I interrupted.

"You have watched a couple of dozen times, over & over again...please" Cindy protested.

"But it's my all time favourite movie" I muttered.

"Okay, ladies calm down" Steve murmured.

"What do you wanna watch Steve?" Cindy asked.

"Anything" he responded.

"Star Wars it is" I said "no, Star Trek" Cindy said.

"What's even the difference between them, they both sound the same" Steve looked at us.

"It's the fandom" I squealed as Cindy rolled her eyes "she's a baby when it comes to Star Wars".

"Then Star Wars, it is" Steve smiled.

"Really? Your going to take her side" Cindy looked at him "I'm on no ones side Mam, we are in her house so let's respect her taste" he mentioned.

"Ah! You win" Cindy folded her arms as I grabbed hold of the remote "feast your eyes, captain...after this you will never be the same". We watched Star Wars a new hope & then the empire strikes back as we were in the final moments of the empire strikes back Tony walked in & saw the three of us on the L shaped sofa watching the movie in full concentration "honey" he called as I gazed towards him & mouthed "shhhh" he rolled his eyes as he walked towards us & gazed at the screen.

"Wow! This was awesome" Steve gave me a hi5 as the movie ended "you like it?" I asked.

"I loved it" he beamed as Tony just came & sat between us, Steve was sitting in between me & Cindy for the entire movie.

"Star Wars. Heh" he muttered as Steve smiled "never thought, I'd see a movie like this...it was really cool".

"Yeah, you have been inside the ice for so long old man" Tony said sarcastically.

"Talking about Ice, where is my boy...I haven't seen him for long" I looked around as I saw only Jerry sleeping on the couch opposite to us.

"I think I saw him going outside" Cindy mumbled as she stood up & walked towards the backyard.

"We need to go back to Malibu, tomorrow" Tony looked at me "why?" I asked.

"It's something with the new mansion, the designs" he told me as we heard a scream outside "Cindy" I yelled as we walked outside as we saw her on the ground shaking Ice "he's not responding" she turned around as I raced towards them "Ice" I called as I fell on my knees as Tony & Steve quickly came "Let me check" Steve said as he examined Ice.

"Is he going to be okay?" My voice cracked as I saw my boy on the cold ground.

"Honey" Tony mumbled as he pulled me up & embraced me as Steve shook his head "he's gone, I'm so sorry" as tears began to roll down my cheek as I buried my face on Tony's chest.

"Don't let Jerry come out" Steve told Cindy as she quickly raced inside.

"Babe, it's okay" Tony comforted me as we sat down "he's in a better place now".

"I never thought one day I'd have to say goodbye, to one of them" my voice heavy as he kissed my head "I know babe, but this is how life works & he had a really beautiful life with you...because you loved him like no one else could" I could hear the pain in his voice, Tony do love Ice & Jerry like I love them.

"You did good Tony, you are really a good dad" I forced a smile as I saw tears welling up his eyes but for my sake, he tried to hold them back "thank you" he sniffed as he hugged me tightly "I love you".

Steve was busy digging the grave while Cindy was busy with the flowers & Tony was making a mini coffin for Ice, as I just sat there with Jerry & watched them "sorry for your loss" I heard Bruce behind me as he slowly came forward & sat besides me "you loved him more than anyone could & he's at a better place now" he smiled a bit as he looked at me as I nodded "he is".

"Honey, shall we?" Tony hold my hand as I nodded & stood up as Steve gently put Ice down on the box & lowered it into the ground.

"You will be missed, Ice" Cindy sniffed as she dropped a flower on top of the box "rest well there buddy" Steve said as he dropped his flower "be good" Banner mumbled as he did the same "hey, buddy thanks for making me the dad I am today" Tony words heavy as he dropped his red rose "thank you for changing my life, I love you my Ice" my voice cracked as I gently dropped a red rose as Tony embraced me as Steve & Bruce began cover up the grave with soil as Jerry began to howl in sadness, Cindy was quick enough to hold & comfort him as me & Tony moved forward & embraced our not so little Doberman.