Chapter 6: Family Dinner

Dani's POV
I saw Katherine walking towards Chrissy's room and I screamed for her and I realized I woke Aiden up. Immediately regretting what I have just done. Katherine looked at me with wide eyes, Aiden look like she could cry any moment, and Chrissy was walking towards us with an angry look on her face.

"Kath take Aiden in my room and calm her down alright. Chrissy said. She watched Katherine get in her room before turning her gaze on me. I instantly look down and start to cry. I don't want to get yelled at so I just run upstairs into my shared room with Lauren and jump into my bed. Hiding my face and crying into a pillow. Why do I mess things up all the time. I'm so loud and obnoxious and Ugh.

Christina's POV
I heard a scream coming from the living room and instantly knew it was Dani. I walked into the room to see a scared looking Aiden and a wide eyed Katherine. I tell Kath to put Aiden in my room while she did that I was gonna yell at Dani. I told her and Lauren to be quiet while Aiden was here so she could sleep and Dani did the exact opposite. As soon as I was about to say something Dani takes off running up the stairs crying. I know she didn't mean too and I know I scared her but....

I walk upstairs into Dani and Lauren's room hearing hard sobs coming from my youngest. I know Dani try's to act like shes older and can handle things but she's not one to handle emotions very well. I sit on the bed beside her and rub her back gently. She tenses up a little bit eases into it when she knows it's me.

"Dan Dan I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." I say

"I...I didn't mean to I fo...forgot and... I'm sorry." Dani says trying to catch her breath at the same time.

"Dani do me a favor and breath please I don't want you to get sick babygirl. I continue she nods and I try to calm her down after a little while she does and I turn her around and hold her upper body in my arms rocking back and forth. Dani lays her head in my chest still crying and closes her eyes. After a few minutes I can hear soft breathing and cute little snores coming from the 16 year old. I gently lay her down and cover her up. Quietly walking downstairs to help Nick with dinner.

Katherine's POV
While Chris handles Dani I had to calm my oldest down.

"Aiden shhhh babygirl it's okay it was just Dani being loud it's okay." I try to sooth Aiden down but, she continues to cry. After awhile they slowly subside.

"Mom...Mommy I'm tired and scared. Aiden whispers. I whisper sweet nothings in her ears until I see her eyes close and her breathing subside. It breaks my heart seeing my kids venerable. Adria doesn't understand much considering she's only six but, Aiden knows a lot and seems so broken and lost. I'm her mother now and I have to guide her into the right path and the road to happiness. I laid down next to Aiden as she snuggled up into my body closing my eyes and drifting off too sleep.

Knock knock knock

"Hey Kath Dinners ready idk if you wanna bring Aiden or not, you probably should because she's been sleeping all day and it's not good." Christina's say coming into the room. I nod and she goes to wake up Dani I'm guessing.

"Hey...Aidy baby wake up." I say brushing her hair out of her eyes. Aiden eyes flutters and she sits up slowly. She looks at me confused.

"Dinners ready baby come on." I continue as I held out my hand. We walk out of the room and see everyone at the table besides Christina and Dani. But as soon as we started walking towards the table Christina came down with Dani hiding behind her shoving her body as close as she can to Chrissy the same thing Aiden's doing to me. We arrive at the table sit and do a prayer. All the adult were talking while Lauren played with Adria making funny faces trying to lighten the mood. Dani and Aiden just sat there playing with their food.

"Hey, both of you need to get over whatever this is and eat your food now. So apologize to one another and talk." Lisa yelled. Dani jumped at the sudden outburst and Aiden sat there frozen, crying, and shaking. Lauren and Adria have a look of fear on there faces. Christiana started fuming and grabbed Lisa's wrist running up the stairs. I instantly ran over to Aiden's side and Amy ran over to Dani's. Lauren ran into Nicks arms while Max picked Adria up.

Lisa's POV
"Christina stooppp" I yelp from Her grabbing my wrist so hard. She tightens her grip and pulls me into her room.

"Chrissy please your hurting me." I whisper a small yelp as tears come out of my eyes.

"What the hell is the matter with you Lisa. First you scream at both of the kids especially one who hasn't had a good life and gets scared very easily. Secondly there teenagers there gonna be in moods and they were both upset today. Christina screams at me.

"Chris I'm sorry." I whisper.

"Lisa don't say it to me say it to the two girls crying in the kitchen now." Christina tells me and pushes me towards the door.

"Now." Chrissy continues. I walk out the door slowly with my head down. Feeling a little push I look behind me instantly regretting as Christina's gaze burns a hole in me.

"Ummm...Ugh...Dani..Aiden I'm really sorry I didn't mean too the quietness was bothering me and you guys are cousins and I just-. I was cut off by two pairs of arms wrapping around me.

"We're sorry too Lise we didn't mean to upset you." Dani says. Aiden looks into my eyes and shakes her head yeah agreeing with Dani. All of a sudden everyone joins making one big group hug.