CHAPTER ONE

I swing open the front door, setting my suit cases down on the floor

"Hey Dustinnn!" I sing out.

I hear a door slide open and foot steps against the ground before a curly haired boy comes into view.

"Emmie!" He shouts, hugging me. I laugh hugging him back. "You're finally here! Gosh, you took forever."

"I'm so sorry your highness." I joke, pulling away.

He rolls his eyes, "The boys wanted to go to the arcade today, so, maybe we could surprise them?"

"Yeah, sure." I reply, picking up my suit cases once again, "Uh, where's my room?" I ask, looking around, "And where's Claudia?"

"Mom went to get food for Mews and your room is this way." He says, signaling for me to follow him.

He slides the door open for me and I step inside, dropping my suit cases on the ground.

I turn around, "So-" I stop when I noticed Dustin closing the door of his room behind him.

"Ookay." I sigh, starting to unpack my suitcase.

|

I hear the front door open and close before my Aunts voice shouts to my little cousin, "Dusty! Has Em came yet?" She asks him, knocking on his bedroom door.

I get up from the bed and open my door, "Hey Aunty!" I greet.

She seems startled but turns around, "Oh! Em! You scared me!" She laughs, hugging me tightly. I laugh with her until she pulls away.

"You finally made it." She smiles.

"Yup." I reply, shrugging.

After awhile of talking my aunt goes to her spot in the living room, with her cat, Mews.

I sit on my bed staring at a picture I brought with me of Jeremy, Elena, and I. I smile at the picture until I hear a door open.

I look into the hallway and see Dustin sprint out of his room.

I get up, following him to the living room. He starts to throw around couch cushions while yelling, "Son of a bitch!"

"Dustin..what are you doing?" I ask.

He ignores me as he continues looking under the cushions. He picks something up, looking at it.

"Another stupid penny!" He mutters, throwing it behind his shoulder.

I shake my head.

"Dusty watch it! You almost hit Mews." My aunt whines.

He looks over to her, "Can I please check under your cushions?"

I cross my arms, watching my little cousin. Claudia finally let him check the seat.

He pulls out two quarters, smiling. "Love you mom!"