CHAPTER NINE

I was sat on my bed, papers scattered all around me while I finished up my History homework when I heard my aunt talking to someone

"Okay, sweetie!" I hear before my door is practically thrown open and 2 kids are stood in the door way, Dustin and Mike.

"Hi?" I place my pencil on top of the paper, sitting up on my bed.

"We need to talk to you about what happened earlier." Dustin says quickly, the two of them coming closer to my bed.

"Okay, good. I've been thinking of that for awhile. And Dustin? Why didn't you tell me about Dart? Ya know, that thing you found in the trash. Wait-wait actually just explain what happened to Will first-"

"Em." Mike says, cutting off my rambling.

"Sorry." I sigh.

The two of them explain everything that happened. Eleven, The Demogorgan, everyone who knew about it, how Will was attacked by it and brought to a place they called 'The Upside Down', Dart. Everything.

"Wow, uh, okay. That's a lot to take in." I nod, looking away from the two boys that sat on my bed.

"I thought you'd be more freaked out." Dustin admits.

"Yeah, me too." Mike agrees. "Or that you wouldn't believe us."

"After what I've gone through back in Mystic Falls it's not that hard to believe." I confess.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Dustin asks as the two kids furrow their eyebrows.

"Can I trust you guys?" I ask, folding my legs so I sat criss-cross.

"Of course, you're part of the party now." Mike smiles.

I nod, giving a small smile to both of the boys, "If I tell you this, you can't tell anyone. Okay?"

"Okay, just the party." Dustin nods.

"What? No. I said you can't tell anyone."

"But we can't just keep this from the party. Everyone in the party shares their secrets." Mike argues.

"Yeah, everyone tells everyone everything." Dustin adds.

"Fine. But, keep it in the party. Got it? If anyone else finds out I'll-"

"We got it." Both kids groan.

"Great."

|

"Vampires? Like real life blood sucking vampires?" Dustin asks in disbelief.

"Yeah, vampires." I nod. "Remember, this stays in the party."

"Are you trying to scare us?" Mike questions.

"No, i'm not trying to scare you guys. I wouldn't lie," I say, looking down at them.

They both nod, glancing at each other before looking back to me.

|

I lazily get out of bed, throwing a long sleeved black shirt over my head, and leaving my grey sweatpants on.

I walk to the bathroom and brush my hair and teeth before going back to my room, putting on navy blue vans and grabbing my backpack off the floor.

I walk into the kitchen, taking out two pieces of bread and popping them in the toaster.

"Morning, Em." Dustin says nervously, shoving his door closed and locking it.

"Morning, what are you doing out here so early?" I ask, glancing at the stove clock that says '6:45'

"Likewise." Dustin argues with a small smirk.

The toast pops up and I quickly take them out of the toaster, almost throwing them on the plate so I don't burn myself. Just then, a loud horn beeps outside.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Expecting someone?" I ask Dustin, rubbing my hands together before glancing out the window to see a blue camaro.

I groan, turning around to Dustin who was nibbling on my toast, "Hey!"

He laughs, stuffing the last of it in his mouth, "Thanks for the toast!" he giggles, running past me and out the front door.

I chase him as he try's to climb onto his bike as quick as he can.

"You little-"

"Emmie!" Billy shouts from the side of his car.

I growl as Dustin gets away, riding down the street.

"Emmie!" Billy shouts again, gaining my attention.

"Hey, Billy, what are you doing here so early?" I ask, walking closer.

"Wait-did you get in another fight?" I question, my eyes scanning over his face which had a black eye and a bruise on the other side of his face to match with his other.

He sighs, "No, I didn't get into a fight."

"So, what? You punched yourself in th face?" I lightly trace my finger over one of the bruises.

He chuckles lightly, gently taking my hand off his face and holding it in his own, "I didn't punch myself in the face either."

I shake my head, "Then what the hell happened? Someone obviously did this to you because you sure as hell didn't walk into a pole!"

He squeezes my hand, "It's nothing, don't worry."

"No, don't you tell me not to worry young man-"

"Young man?!" He exclaims with a heart warming laugh.

I join in on his laughter before it dies down and I let go of his hand, lifting my bag strap onto my shoulder again.

"Hey! Emmie!" Claudia's voice rings through the air.

"Oh, uh, hi!" I wave at her.

Her eyes furrow slightly in worry, "Where's Dusty? Why'd he leave so early?"

"Uhhh...i'm not sure." I glance to Billy who was standing patiently then back to my aunt.

"I remember you!" My Aunt exclaims, "You took Em home on Halloween!"

"Yes, yes I did." Billy nods as I start to shiver.

"So, Em, when were you planning on introducing me to your boyfriend?"

I cover my hands over my face, "He's not my boyfriend!"

She giggles, "Have a good day at school." With that she closes the door.

"I am so sorry." I say, turning to Billy.

"About what? Her calling me your boyfriend? Oh, I didn't mind." He smirks.

I roll my eyes but none the less smile, "Take me to school?"

"Anytime."