CHAPTER TWENTY

I dial in another number just as Billy walks into my room

"I don't know how to make very many things so, I made soup." He tells me, placing a steaming bowl on my nightstand.

"Thank you." I smile. Just then, Mrs. Byers answers the phone.

"This is Joyce." Her sweet voice says, finally rid of all the worry.

"Hi Joyce. It's Emmie. I-uh, i'm stuck."

Billy raises his eyebrows but I pretend not to notice as I listen to her speak.

"Stuck? What do you mean stuck?" She asks, "Where are you stuck?"

"I'm at home and I haven't eaten since last night, if you know what I mean." I try, making sure to not let anything slip while Billy is at the end of my bed.

"Eaten? Why haven't you-oh." She soon catches on, "Can't you just go to the hospital? I'm sure they have some type of blood there."

"Well, i'm-i'm," I stop, trying to think of something quick to say, "I'm not allowed outside."

"What! You need to tell me all the things that come along with being a vampire." She sighs, "Is there anything I can do?"

"Oh, my mom said no one is allowed over right now?" I lie.

"What?" Joyce asks, confused.

"You're coming over to check?!" I exclaim, "No ones over, I swear!"

Joyce makes a small gasp before talking, "Yes, i'm coming right now to check, no one better be over." She adds, catching on.

"Alright, bye!" I say, putting the phone on the receiver, "That was my moms friend, no one is supposed to be over right now."

"Well, what do you want me to do, leave?" He asks, "No way! You're sick!"

"Actually, i'm feeling much better, but thank you." I lie, already pushing Billy down the hall. But then, I stop, seeing the veins in his neck pumping. I stare, almost about to vamp out when he calls out my name.

"What are you looking at?" He questions, rubbing his neck.

"Nothing. Nothing! Bye, I'll see you at school on Monday!" I say, over excitedly, shoving Billy out and closing the door behind him.

Since no one was home, the blinds in the living room and kitchen were shut but, some light still peeked through. I sighed, going back in my room and laying down. I picked up the soup on my nightstand and slurped it into my mouth. I almost choked on it, struggling to get it down my throat from how horrible it tasted. Either Billy's a bad cook or it was from me turning. Probably both.

|
I was sleeping at last, before the loud sound of knocking awoke me. I held my head as I slowly got up, my body so weak I almost toppled to the floor.

"Coming." I groaned out, my face now completely loosing its color and my body all sweaty.

I reached to open the door, quickly stepping away so I didn't get hit with the small bit of sunlight that was peaking over the horizon.

"Em!" They all say excitedly, Bonnie being the only one who came in since the other two weren't invited.

"Please tell me you have blood." I groan, Bonnie looking over to Elena who was pulling something out of her suitcase.

"Here you go little sis!" She smiles, tossing a blood bag to me.

I rip the bag open before tearing into it, sighing in relief.

"Thank you." I laugh, throwing the bag away.

"Where's little Dusty? Or Claudia?" Elena asks, peering inside the dark house.

"Dustin's with his friends and Aunty is....well I don't know but she's also out." I explain, just as Bonnie holds up a silver ring with a blue stone, grinning like an idiot.

"Look what I've got!" She continues to grin, placing it on my finger gently before I sprint into my sisters arms.

"I missed you." I say, though it was muffled.

"I missed you too, Em." She smiles.

Next, I hug Caroline tightly, laughing as she tears up a bit. She is the emotional one.

I opened my mouth but before I could say anything Claudia pulled up with Dustin in the front seat.

"Elena, sweetie. Is that you?" My Aunt asks, quickly jumping out of the car.

"Yup!" She laughs, hugging my aunt then Dustin.

|

Dustin had invited Elena and Caroline inside before we went straight to my room, whipping out magazines and gossiping about guys.

"How about you, Em? Who is the hottest guy in Mystic Falls?" Caroline asks, flipping through a magazine.

"Hmm...I don't know. But I do know this pretty hot guy here in Hawkins." I answer.

"Really? Who is he?" Bonnie asks, all three girls staring at me in inticipation.

"His name is Billy." I state, continuing to flip through the magazine before a hand stops me.

"Wait, wait, wait. Tell us more about this 'Billy' guy." Elena pushes, snatching the magazine away from me.

"Yeah! Like how did you guys meet?" Caroline asks.

"Well, it's actually a funny story. So, I was walking in the school parking lot and he almost ran me over with his car-"

"He almost ran you over!?" Elena shouts.

"Yes, multiple times actually." I reply.

"Is him almost killing you a turn-on or something, cause i'm all for that." Caroline says, raising her hand for a high-five which I give. We all laugh before I start to explain Billy to them.

|

The next day consisted of Elena and Caroline teaching me tips and tricks of being a vampire deep in the woods while Bonnie practiced her magic on trees and leaves.

"Who even turned you anyways?" Elena asks, vamp speeding around me.

"Yeah, do you know?" Caroline asks, dropping her backpack on the ground.

"It was Katherine." I announce bluntly, watching as Bonnie stopped doing her magic, Elena wasn't vamp speeding anymore, and Caroline was no longer digging in her bag.

"Did you just say Katherine?" Bonnie asks, waiting for confirmation.

"Y-yeah. She was at home and just compelled me to forget after she fed me blood. That's not how I died though." I explained, eyeing the three girls worried expressions.

"You should have told us she was here in Hawkins!" Elena shouts, shaking her head.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't think anything of it." I shrugged, sitting down on a log.

"It's fine." Caroline smiles, "Just next time, you should probably tell us something like that. You'll never know what she could be up too."

"Yeah," I sigh, "Well, are you guys going to give me some lessons or what?"

"Yes, yes we are. Let's go, up!" Elena says, clapping her hands.