CHAPTER SEVEN

I was sitting on the couch watching a movie when Dustin, Lucas, Mike, and Max all barged in through the front door, panting

"Hey guys, what are you all doing here?" I ask, pulling a piece of hair out of my face.

The four sit on either sides on me, Dustin and Mike on one side and Lucas and Max on the other.

"We need to talk to you." Lucas says in almost a whisper.

"We know what happened yesterday." Dustin tells me.

"What?" I ask.

"Max heard Billy and some of his friends talking about it last night when they came over; she told us." Lucas says and Max nods beside him.

"But why would you lie." Dustin accuses.

"What are you guys talking about?" I ask, eyeing the four suspiciously.

"Dustin told us that you were on the phone with Elena last night." Mike speaks, shaking his head.

I sigh deeply, "I didn't lie." I say truthfully, debating on if I should tell them what really happened or not. "I have to tell you guys something."

Just then a loud roar of a engine sounds outside.

"Shit, shit, shit. I'm not supposed to be here." Max says with pure panic in her voice.

Right after there was a harsh knock on the door.

I stand up from the couch, pausing the movie that I had missed.

I take light steps to the door, opening it to see Billy standing there with a pissed off expression.

"Is Maxine here?" He asks, but I know he already knows the answer.

"I guess." I shrug, tapping my fingers on the door.

He rolls his eyes, pushing past me and bumping my shoulder in the process.

"Maxine, you know Susan wanted you home straight away." Billy's voice booms as I close the door, turning to see the kids looking petrified while pushing themselves against the couch.

I walk up next to him, the strong smell of cigarettes making me lightly cough. But, no one seems to notice.

"Come on," Billy ushers, walking towards Max.

"No Billy. I want to stay here." Max whispers.

"What was that? Did you just say no?" Billy cups his hand to his ear mockingly.

"I-I-yes." Max says quietly.

Steam practically bursts out of Billy's ears as he stomps over to Max, yanking her up by the arm. "Lets go." He yells.

"Hey, hey, hey." I say calmly, rushing over to the group near the couch, "Just let her go, Billy."

"Get out of my way." He says sternly, putting his arm out to push me.