CHAPTER ELEVEN

My eyes opened and I yawned, looking up to Billy who was sleeping peacefully, soft snores escaping from his lips

"Billy, hey," I say softly, poking him, "Billy get up,"

He stirs slightly but doesn't wake up, instead he pulls me closer to his chest.

I internally groan, gently sitting up and getting out of the bed.

I look over at Billy before zipping up my bag and slinging it over my shoulder.

I tip-toe over to the door, shutting it as quiet as I could behind me and walking down the hall.

"Emmie? What are you doing at my house?" Max' quiet voice says behind me as I was opening the front door.

"Oh, Max! Hi. I was just, um-Billy and I were working on a project." I nod, standing awkwardly.

"Oh, cool." She shrugs, "Well see ya then."

I smile, sending a wave her way before dashing out of the house.

As I was walking down the dimly lit side walk I heard whispers. I spun my head all around trying to find the source of the voice but it was no use. Soon they stopped but a rustling noise was heard in the woods.

"Okay, who ever this is it's very sketch! So, if you could please stop that would be appreciated." I called out.

No response. The rustling seemed to get louder and closer so I started to walk faster. I could now see the bushes swaying lightly before a loud car horn made me jump.

I turned to see Steve, his passenger side window rolled down, "Em, why the hell are you out here? It's like 9:00!"

I shrugged, "My ride fell asleep."

"Well get in, I'll drive you home. It's unsafe and plus, it's freezing."

"True." I shrug again, hopping into Steve's warm car.

"Who was your ride?" Steve asked, taking his eyes of the road for only a second.

"Billy. We were supposed to do this project but then we fell asleep and then, yeah."

"Billy Hargrove? Seriously? Come on Em we both know you could do so much better."

"Someone's sounding a little jealous, Stevie." I joke, grinning.

"I'm-I am not jealous." Steve says sternly, his cheeks turning a light shade of red.

"I'm only playing." I laugh, "Plus, there's nothing going on between us anyways."

Steve gives me a look that says 'yeah, okay'

"What?! There really isn't!" I exclaim loudly.

He laughs, "Okay, okay, calm down."

|

"Thanks for the ride." I say to Steve, getting out of his car once he stops.

"Of course." He smiles, "But, I have a question."