CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

A/N: IM LITERALLY SHAKING THANK YOU ALL FOR 3K!!!!!

I woke up to my loud alarm, slamming my hand down to turn it off I sit up slowly.

I yawn, getting up and pulling some clothes out of my closet. It was a grey long sleeve and dark blue jeans. I also pulled on a black leather jacket that I didn't even realize I had.

I opened the small cooler I kept in my room and picked up a blood bag, slurping it down I slipped on a pair of vans, throwing the empty bag in the trash after.

I grabbed my backpack, walking into the bathroom. I brushed out my knots and brushed my teeth before heading into the kitchen for some toast. I took a shower last night so I wasn't going to bother to take one this morning.

"Morning, Dust." I shoot him a small wave, popping some bread in the oven.

"Morning." He replies, shoveling cereal into his mouth.

|

We say goodbye to Claudia before walking out the door, Dustin hopping on his bike.

"Man, I can't wait for summer." He sighs.

"Me either." I agree, watching Dustin as he rides off in the distance.

Do I want to go to school today? Not really. Should I stay home and watch TV on the couch? Absolutely.

I turn to go back inside when a loud horn beeps. I spin back around to see Billy getting out of his car.

"Hey, Em." He greets, walking up to me.

"Hey...Billy. What are you doing at my house?" I ask, cocking my head to the side.

"I was just coming to see if you're okay, with you being sick and all." He shrugs, glancing back at his car that held a pouting Max.

"Well, yeah. I'm fine. I told you, just a little hungry." I answer.

"Yeah, hungry." He nods awkwardly, pointing behind his shoulder to his blue camaro, "Hop in. I'll give you a ride."

"Oh. Well I-"

Billy grabs my hand, yanking me towards the car.

"OoOkay." I mutter under my breath.

I scurry into the backseat before Billy could say anything, Max giving me a small 'hi'.

"Hello. Ready for school?" I ask as Billy drives off.

"Not at all." She laughs, turning to the backseat.

"Me either." I laugh with her before Billy blares his music to drown out the noise of our laughter.

|

I hop out of Billy's car, waving at Max before thanking Billy for the ride.

"No problem. Hey, do you know when that project is due?" He asks, making me instantly remember.

"Oh shit! Yeah, I totally forgot. My mind has been elsewhere this whole week." I sigh, "I'm pretty sure it's due on Wednesday."

"Oh, well I finished my part. Tomorrow after school we review our notes?" He asks as we enter the hall.

"Look at you caring about you're grades." I joke, smiling widely as I nudge him with my arm.

He rolls his eyes playfully, "So? Tomorrow or no?"

I shove my stuff in my locker, only taking out the things I need, "Yup, your house after school. See ya."

"Wha-my house? Wait!" He yells after me but it was to late, I had already rushed into first period.

"Hey Steve." I greet, sitting at the desk next to him.

"Hey, Em," He smiles, though I could tell it caused him a little pain, "I see you and Billy have already made up."

"Yes...and I see your face hasn't gotten any better." I try to change the subject, lightly touching the bruises and black eyes that Billy have him.

He gently takes my hand off, "Don't try to change the subject here. You forgive people way too easily. It's like: 'sorry' 'okay!' done."

"Hey! It's not my fault!" I whine.

Steve just shakes his head, a smile on his face.

|

I noticed that Jonathan was finally here today, I gave him a big hug, telling him that we needed to hangout sometime since we hadn't really since I moved here.

|

I walked out the double doors of the school, saying goodbye to Nancy before she hopped in Jonathan's car.

I walked over to the middle school bike rack to see if the kids were there, and to my luck, they were!

"Hey guys." I smile, getting a chorus of 'hi's and hello's' in return.

Max was joining the kids today, riding on her skateboard as the boys rode on their bikes.

"So, hows your boyfriend?" Mike asks me with a roll of his eyes.

"My boyfriend?" I repeat, raising a brow.

"Yeah, Billy. You're boyfriend." Lucas groans.

"Why do you even like my brother anyway? As you know he's a total ass." Max asks.

"I think they'd make a cute couple." Mike grins.

"No, no, no, no. No they wouldn't. Like, at all." Dustin shakes his head quickly.

"Stop being so overprotective, Dustin," Lucas laughs, "Maybe if Billy wasn't an ass-no offense Max-then they'd definetly be the cutest couple in Hawkins."

"He's not a ass Lucas." I roll my eyes the young boy, "Yeah, to some people. But, not to me. And most definitely not to you kids ever again." I smirk, turning to Max who had the same smirk on her face.

"Not to you because he likes you, doofus!" Dustin yells, "Gosh, why do you have to be so oblivious."

"Excuse me?" I say sharply, Dustin turning to look at me, sticking his tongue out at the same time.

"Oh you little-"

"Okay!" Max interrupts, "Let's talk about something else!"

"Gladly," Dustin grunts, "Did you guys know that Steve uses Farrah Fawcett spray for his hair?"

"Actually?" I laugh.

"Yeah." Dustin nods, "But don't tell him. My ass would be complete grass."

"Well now I know what i'm getting him for Christmas." I say out loud, making the kids laugh.