~Nine~

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

January 4th, 2016

Yoongi could already hear the guys as he approached the bakery. He looked in through the glass windows and saw them all arguing over which pastry was best. He opened the door and they all turned their heads to him at the sound of the bell.

"Hyung, you made it!"

"Hey Yoongi, have you tried this? It's delicious!"

"Hyung please tell Hoseok Hyung that pie is better than cake."

Before he could get any words out he was pulled away by Jimin.
"I'm getting fired... I am so getting fired." Jimin mumbled to himself. "Hey, Yoongi Hyung do you know where Heeyoung is?"

"Yeah, she's at home. Why?"

"Well, hopefully, she won't be coming here." Jimin ran his hand through his hair, a habit of his Yoongi noticed.

"What did you do?" Yoongi sighed.

"Well, um, the reason that we decided to meet up here in the first place was that I needed to pick something up for Mrs. Lee. The plan was to just quickly drop off the papers Mrs. Lee wanted and then go shopping. Nobody but I was supposed to come inside." Jimin glanced over at Jin, who was eating some brownies. "But Jin Hyung followed. Now, thanks to his crazy appetite and Heeyoung's and her grandmother's amazing baking skills, he started eating and hasn't stopped."

"So then everyone followed the oldest..." Yoongi crossed his arms and leaned on the wall. "How are you going to fix this, Park Jimin?"

"I don't know! I tried to get them to stop, but they aren't listening to me!"

"Alright..."

"What?"

"I'll help. Though you owe me." Yoongi pushed himself off the wall just to be squeezed into a hug by the younger.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!" He hadn't been hugged by anyone but Heeyoung in so long he was hesitant and uncertain, but soon patted the boy on the back. "I really need this job."

"Ok now listen up. You guys are all pitiful. Look around at what you've done. You ruined everything Mrs. Lee and her granddaughter have worked so hard for. Those sweets you guys so ruthlessly devoured were made with love to make money so that they could have enough to put food on the table and pay their bills. They can't sell eaten food! Not everybody is rich like you, Namjoon!"

Yoongi pointed an accusing finger at Namjoon, who dropped the cookie he was holding. Everyone was staring at Yoongi with shock, even Jimin, but soon he straightened up with a smile on his face.

"But it is not too late for you to get your act together! Can any of you bake?" Yoongi glanced around. Three hands shot up, Jin, Jimin, and Jungkook. He sighed heavily. "No you can't, Jimin. Jin Hyung, Jungkook, and I will be baking. Jimin, you can do the dishes but first, take those papers to Mrs. Lee. Hoseok, Taehyung, and Namjoon, you can clean. Now get to work!"

"Why do I have to do the dishes? I feel so betrayed..."

"Hyung... Yoongi Hyung is scary..."

"Ok, so what do you guys know how to bake? We need to replace everything that you guys ate and each of you guys needs to make an apology cookie for her." Yoongi washed his hands and put on the custom apron Heeyoung had made him. Then he started getting out the ingredients. He couldn't make anything fancy, just what he picked up from Heeyoung.

"I think I can bake most of the stuff here, but not exactly the same. These are very unique. They have a secret ingredient." Jin washed his hands as well and put on a spare apron. He then started mixing together the ingredients Yoongi had gotten out. Jungkook followed Jin's lead and started adding in the right ingredients.

Yoongi nodded approvingly and decided to check up on everyone else. Hoseok was sweeping, Namjoon was washing the tables, and Taehyung was doing the windows. Yoongi noticed they were doing a lot more than they should have to. All they had to do was clean up the crumbs and smears of chocolate on the table. He smiled to himself and went back to helping bake.

~~~

An hour later Taehyung, Namjoon, Jungkook, and Yoongi were strolling down the street to pass time for the baking pastries. They had decided to go shopping at a nearby market. They needed to restock the bakery's supplies, anyway.

"A puppy!" Taehyung rushes forward, without paying attention to the things around him. Luckily, Namjoon grabs his hand just in time as a car comes speeding by, honking.

"Are you crazy?!" Namjoon grabs Taehyung by his shoulders and shakes him a couple of times. "I don't know what I would have done if you had gotten hit! You really scared me! Don't ever do that again! Do you understand?!" Taehyung stares at him in shock. Namjoon shook him again. "Do you?!" Taehyung quickly nodded and Namjoon pulled him into a hug. As the others joined in the hug, Yoongi was left on the side. He was in awe. These boys didn't have a friendship that was formed overnight. Even though they all came from different pasts, they had come to form a family away from home. It was something beautiful, Yoongi thought.

As he stood there and watched as they scolded Taehyung for being so reckless the familiar pang of loneliness went off in Yoongi's heart. But he didn't fully understand why.

Him and Heeyoung.

That's what it had been for the past three years. That's all he needed, right? He didn't need to be part of an amazing brotherhood. He had a perfectly good family. Even if he hardly ever saw them anymore and his mom was always crying or asleep because she exhausted herself from all the crying. It was selfish to think about such things as loneliness.

He missed his brother.

"Hey Hyung, are you ok?" Out of reflex, Yoongi grabbed Hoseok's wrist. Hoseok had been in front of him waving his hand to get his attention. Yoongi let go of Hoseok's arm.

Sorry... Yoongi apologized silently.

~~~

January 5th, 2016

Almost five and a half hours later at 12:47 in the morning, they were done. They had made brownies, cookies, cakes, and pies of all kinds. They had played games and told stories. Yoongi grew more comfortable around the six and he could confidently confirm, they were friends.

He found himself laughing and having fun, something he hadn't done for a long time without Heeyoung. Now he had these six. He felt like he wasn't deserving of them, but he had a feeling that they didn't plan on leaving him alone anytime soon.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A/N: Yoongi's past is something I'm looking forward to exposing.

Triple update to make up for the three weeks I was gone! 💜

Please kindly let me know if I made any mistakes so I can strive to be better, thank you.

Please click the little star if you enjoyed this chapter and comment on your thoughts!