Chapter 22 - Bitter Wounds

Later on that night, while Klaus is asleep in his bed, Christy is glaring at her medallion-like tattoo on her left side back shoulder in the mirror. Recalling the one her mother had.

-Then-

Nadia is glaring at her medallion-like tattoo, that's on her left-side back shoulder, in a small mirror.

"What's that Mommy?", a young Christy ask her, playing with her mother's jewelry box.

"It's a medallion tattoo", Nadia tells her.

"It's really pretty", young Christy says to her.

Nadia turns around to her daughter and crouches to her. "Your father and I are so proud of you. Christy. We love you."

"I love both of you too, Mommy", young Christy tells her with a smile.

They hug each other.

-Now-

Glaring at her medallion tattoo made Christy think of her mother and how much she misses her.

Getting teary-eyed, Christy stops glaring at her tattoo and starts to cry, quietly. Or at least, tried to.

"Christy?", Klaus says.

She looks at the mirror and sees Klaus behind her. She glares at him with dry eyes.

"Klaus", Christy says, holding back tears. "I'm sorry for waking you up"

Klaus gently wraps his arms around her waist. "You didn't"

She turns around to him. A tear rolls down her cheek and Klaus wipes it away with his thumb.

"I miss her, Klaus", Christy tells him. "I miss my mother"

Christy fights back her tears as Klaus kisses her and she kisses him back. Withdrawing from the kiss, they look at each other as they lean their foreheads on each other's.

Klaus wish that he could take away any sorrow that she has. His parents weren't like Christy's.

"What can I do to take your mind off of your sorrows?", Klaus asks her.

"I don't know", Christy says to him.

"I'll figure out something", Klaus says, inches from her face.

"You always do, Klaus", Christy says to him.

He smiles a little as they share a kiss. She cups his face with her hands as they embrace their small kiss.

~*~*~

Minutes after, after Christy has fallen asleep, Klaus is walking in the French Quarter as he happens to see Genevieve talking to another witch. The witch walks away from her as Genevieve walks away.

As Genevieve is walking in the French Quarter, she senses Klaus.

"Hello, Klaus", Genevieve says, turning around to look at him. "It's a lovely night, isn't it?"

"Spare me", Klaus says. "And it is a lovely night...I'm a bit famished"

Genevieve looks at him, unfazed. "You can try"