f o u r

— sofia's pov —

It was around 8:45 and I started to look for professors, I mean I wasn't going to waste my time looking for offices that that tell you where your classes are. I pass by this women with blonde hair and eyeglasses on.

She was wearing light pink ankle pants and a single button blazer. To make sure she was a professor or worker here, I quickly glance for a tag that labels "professor"or "UCLA" something like that.

I spotted it. It looked like she was in a rush, so I quickly tap her shoulder and ask her.

"Hi, this is my freshman year of college and I was wondering if you knew Mr Lucassi's class is located. He's under the communication department" Hopefully she knew where the class was because the class started in 15 minutes and I don't want to make a bad impression.

Ever since my 7th grade teacher quoted  "You've got only one chance to make a good first impression" It stayed with me ever since middle school and high school, and now college. It's funny how you don't forget words that make a great impact on you.

"Your in luck missy. Okay, you see the tree to the right, next to the girl with the bird scooter"  She points to the tree to me. I was relieved.

"Yeah I see it" I respond as I look at the tree. "Okay good, so you are going take a right there and at your left you'll see a bundle of yellow roses in front of a class door and that would be it" She finishes explaining as she looks at me.

Those were easy instructions.

"Got it. Thank you...Mrs.." I couldn't finish my sentence.

"Oh it's Stosso" She lets me know her surname

"Well, thank you Ms. Stosso, I really appreciate it" I thank her for honestly helping me find Mr. Lucassi's class. I don't what I would have done.

"I'm Sofia" I add making sure she knows my name before we leave this conversation

"Nice to meet you Sofia, I hope you like our campus" She says as she looks around the campus, it looked to me that she loved the campus, you could see it by her eyes.

"I'm in awe, it's truly beautiful here" I look around campus too because I still couldn't believe it. I needed someone to pinch me.

"I gotta go, I have a class in five minutes and I don't want to be late. It was nice meeting you Sofia" Ms. Stosso says as she gives me a warm smile and walks aways.

"Same to you" I reply as she walks aways. A foot away from me Ms. Stosso yells "Good luck" as she turns back. "Thank you!" I yell back at her as I wave back to her. She seemed friendly. I wonder what she teached.

With only five minutes to spare, I enter the college classroom and find a seat. The classroom was almost full, it was lucky I found two available seats. I sat down and take out the necessaries.

The Tuesday courses with Mr. Lucassi clocked at 9:00. I know it's early, but I'm an early bird so I don't mind.

It was 8:57 class was about to commence. My eyes wonder to the door wondering if anybody else was going to pop up, and someone did. A girl with short dark brown hair and hazel eyes came through the door. She was wearing a black beanie, a black bell sleeve top with black ripped jeans, and black vans. She made way to the open seat next to me.

"Is this seat taken" She asked me as she pointed to the seat while on her right hand she had her bag

"No not at all" I reassure her

"Has he said anything I should take into notice" She whispered. She asked me as running a few minutes before I was.

"No not a word" I whispered "Okay good. I'm Shiloh" She looks at me and give me a smile. I reply with "That's such a pretty name. I'm Sofia, nice to meet you" and give her a smile back.

"Aw, thank you Sofia. I love your name, it makes think of Bulgaria, and I'd love to visit there" She seemed like a complimented type of girl.

"Girl...same"

It was 9:00am exactly when Mr.Lucassi started to greet the class and explained the class syllabus.

The class ended around eleven fifty am. After the class ended me and Shiloh started to grow a friendship. I haven't had the chance to make friends since we had arrived to LA not so long ago.

"Yo, Mr.Lucassi makes that class look difficult" Shiloh gulps as we walk towards the parking lot together

"Right!" I shouted "But I'm sure we'll make it through, so what are you hoping to learn out Mr. Lucassi's class?" I ask curiously

"I wanna become an songwriter" She answers in a soft voice slowly

"What? Seriously...So do I" I reply. I've never met someone else who wanted to become an songwriter just like me "This is crazy" I squeaked

"OH MY GOD" Shiloh exclaimed with a high-pitch voice. We both jump up and down like to little girls. We didn't care who was watching.

We both squealed for a long time. Having the fact we both wanted to become singers/songwriters. We started to fan girl about all things films and even found we both had a celebrity crush on early 2000's Chris Pine.

Shiloh was so easy and fun to talk to. I finally had a friend who had some of the same interests as me. I've been dying meet a friend like her.

Shiloh explained to me why she was late. She told me she lived in Ventura and the traffic was insane coming towards Westwood. She offered me a ride, but I politely declined, I had to meet my parents.

"It was nice meeting you Sofia, hope we can hang out of campus soon" She says as she walks towards her Lexus. She stops and looks back at me

"Hey...do you wanna exchange numbers?" She asked. She seemed uncertain if I was going to exchange

"Yeah, let's do it" I answer as I take out my phone. It took us a few minutes to exchange, but we did it

"Alright see you, Wednesday" She says as she walks backward to her car

"Bye" She added

"See you" I respond. I was so happy, knowing that I made a friend at the first day in campus. I get my phone out again and call my parents. I dial my mom and tell her to pick me up at student parking lot.

I waited on a bench for my parents and thought to myself I really needed to learn how to drive. About twelve minutes later they arrived with their, what to be looked dodger gear?

I hop on the backseat of the car and put on my seatbelt to have my mom tell me she brought me a dodger shirt and cap.

"Here, I brought you this.Make sure to change before the game starts" Mom says she hands me my outfit for the game

"Will do mother" I chuckle as I look at the front view of the car

My parents asked me how today went. I answered with one word

"Pure bliss"
       •••
  A U T H O R' S N O T E

hola! here's chapter four of the story ! I don't know about you guys, but I want go to a dodger game right about now (think about this all the time)
-a ❤︎