e l e v e n

— sofia's pov —

Last night was a day to remember. I had the most fun. Cody and I heard the music the whole car ride till we got to the house. We got home and decided to watch a movie. We reminisced about our childhood movies. Later after minutes that felt like hours we picked a classic. Me and Cody would saw this movie every time we would come home from school when we around I want to say seven. 

I picked up an old box me and Cody would stuff our favorite movies mainly Disney movies. We went with Peter Pan.

Mom and dad came home around nine ten. Cody microwaved popcorn. He got two small bowls and handed me one. He got his bowl and poured popcorn onto his bowl, and did the same with mine.

We finished the movie. The end credits came in and I started sobbing. Peter Pan was all about not growing up and here we were a nine-teen and twenty-two year old all grown up.

The phrase "There it is, Wendy. Second star to right and straight on till morning" Always made me feel like Neverland was actually a real place.

I've always felt comfort in movies. Films and storytelling are a human compulsion to listen to and tell stories.

Every time I would finish watching a movie, I would look up at the moon. I like to think the moon is a friend you can always count on to talk to.

To know someone else somewhere is looking at right at it, fascinated me.

Cody once walked on me talking to the moon when I was eleven. He probably I thought I was crazy. I told him if he ever wanted to talk, to talk to the moon. He said he'd try it, but I never asked him if he did.

I woke up. I made myself a bowl of cereal. I turned on the tv to watch the morning news. I sit down on the couch. I heard someone coming down from the stairs so I turn around to see who it is. My elbow was on the rest shoulder as I turned.

 My elbow was on the rest shoulder as I turned