11. Reconsider

Pharaoh

I sat in the living room on Instagram staring at Essence's post about her dad. I wasn't sure about the situation with her dad since we only talked about her mom. What got me though, was this nigga that commented on the post. I battled back and forth before finally clicking on the page.

8272 likes KingMazi: My heart & Souls ❣️ Die behind mine disrespect ain't tolerated 💯 Random: 👀 Random: She looks soooooo different Random: Drama coming soon 🤦🏾‍♀️ ExplosiveE: We love you 🥰

8272 likes
KingMazi: My heart & Souls ❣️ Die behind mine disrespect ain't tolerated 💯
Random: 👀
Random: She looks soooooo different
Random: Drama coming soon 🤦🏾‍♀️
ExplosiveE: We love you 🥰
...

I read the comments and froze when I saw Essence's response. It's like a pain hit my chest and I was breathless. My skin was on fire and I couldn't register what I was feeling. I shook my head before locking my phone and heading into the den.

My mom was drinking some wine while watching reality tv. I saw beside her and laid my head on her shoulder.

"What's wrong Rao?" She asked

"Nothing" I sighed

"Boy bye! If I don't know anything, I know when something is wrong with my child"

"Remember the girl I told you about"

"Nope"

"Come on ma!" I sat up

"I'm joking" she laughed "But yes I remember the sweetie with standards"

"Yeah... so I saw this dude comment on her picture then I went and he posted her. Now I know niggas ma"

"Boy—"

"I'm sorry but I couldn't say it any other way. I know dudes and we don't just post anybody on the gram"

"You posted her"

"How—"

"Heiress showed me, but make your point"

"I feel like she been hidden that she got a dude... I guess I feel like she played me"

"But aren't you two just friends"

"Ma she know I'm feeling her!"

"Calm down boy" she laughed

"Ma this is serious!"

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry! It's just cute to see you all worked up over this girl. You've never been like this"

"I know! And it's like I can't control it!"

"Well baby I definitely think you should talk to her about the guy and your feelings. Maybe she didn't take you serious before because she thought this was a game"

I stayed silent thinking about the reality that it was all just supposed to be a game. I wasn't supposed to actually like Essence. This was suppose to just be a hit it and quit it. Now I'm crying to my moms like a little bitch over a female that got a nigga.