Epilogue

Pharaoh

I woke up to Harmony shaking me. I was sleeping on the couch at her place and had been for the last three weeks. It was only so she wouldn't be the only one up and down with Kaiser when he was ready to eat at night.

"What's up" I sat up rubbing my eyes

"Did you fed Kai?"

"Nahh I haven't heard him cry"

"I woke up and it's 4, I didn't know if you gave him his 3am bottle" she rushed towards his room

"Maybe he's sleeping longer"

I laid back down waiting for her to come out but was jolted up by her scream. I jumped up and ran into Kai's room to see her holding him. As I got closer I could see his face didn't have the color it normally did. I grabbed him from her and started CPR.

"Call 9-1-1!" I yelled at Harmony

I continued to do CPR as she paced the floor talking to the operator. It felt like forever before we heard the paramedics at the door. Harmony ran to let them in but I just kept doing CPR hoping to hear my son cry again.

When they took him from me, my tears finally began to fall. They started working on him as they left out of the apartment with us behind. We both got into the ambulance and headed to the hospital. We were rushed inside and he was taken to a restricted area. I had to hold Harmony up as she cried to see him.

I sat her down before pulling out my phone to call my parents. My dad answered with worry in his voice and only panic more when he heard me crying. I could hear him waking up my mother as I explained what happen. I took Harmony's phone and called Destiny to tell her too. She wasn't there when we left but said she was headed home when she answered. I told her what happen and she freaked out too. I sent Cole a text, not able to hear another person breakdown, before I sat down beside Harmony. I held onto her and prayed that my baby would be okay.

Everyone arrived within minutes of the calls. First it was Destiny then my parents and Cole. Just as they hug us and sat down a doctor called out calling our names. Harmony jumped up but I could feel the sorrow radiating off the doctor. Once I was next to Harmony he shook his head at us.

"I'm so sorry"

Harmony screamed falling to the ground.

"We've done everything medically possible. We trying to understand how this could have happen but from the look of it, it is a case of sudden infant death syndrome. Physically there seems to be nothing wrong...."

I could no longer hear his words as my vision became blurry. I felt my body getting weak just before I fell as well. I felt someone catch me and figure it was Cole or my father but I couldn't focus on anything else. All I could hear was his words repeating over and over again. My son was gone...

___________________

I've been locked in my house for three days since the hospital. The only company I keep is the bottles of liquor I snuck out to get when Cole was stayed the first night. I've been nursing a different bottle every day with my doors locked and my phone off.

I sat on the floor looking at my favorite pictures of my beautiful baby boy.