Chapter Six

Davina's P.O.V

My legs pounded the earth in a hasty rush to get away from Nicolas and Josh. My mind tumbled over the rush of events I had just experienced.

I had rejected my mate and ran away from everyone. What is with me and running away?

The dirt under my foot was a bit squishy and soft. I jumped over branches and rocks. The night air filled my nostrils as I breathed in and out.

I stopped for a while. Although I could run a lot more, I was tired and sleepy. I just want to crawl up in a bed and sleep.

I went to the nearest tree and slid against it. I sat down on the ground, ignoring the dirt that would mess up my new dress. It doesn't matter now. The dress was already ruined. It was ripped muddy and I had torn a rip up the side so I could run better. My leg was now exposed up to half my thigh. I felt weird showing so much skin.

I picked at the grass. Why did I do that? Why did I yell at everyone? Why did I run away? Did the moon goddess make a mistake? Honestly I had never believed in her at all. Not once in my life.

I wiped the tears under my eyes. The dirt from my fingers smeared on my cheek. I pulled a srunchy from my hand and tied my hair into a easy bun.

I laid back against the tree and closed my eyes as I let out a restless sigh. Why me? What did I do to deserve this? How could my whole life in such a short amount of time?

Why am so emotional with this? I wiped another tear from my eyes. Do I not have any self-control? Why do I feel this way about it? Why do I feel sad and guilty about rejecting Nicolas?

I ran my hands up and down my arms before I heard a hair raising growl. I looked up and sniffed the air. I smelt something. It was a rogue! This was obviously the kind that had a bone to pick with me.

The man came out of the woods and growled at me. He shifted demanding a fight. His wolf was a gray and it was smaller than mine.

I didn't have enough energy to fight. I was still sitting on the floor. I shook my head indicating that I wasn't going to fight. The man shifted back.

"Oh that's okay sweetheart. We'll have fun another way." He looked me up and down and smiled. Eww. Gross.

"No we wont. Please go cover yourself. " I said as I got up and looked away.

"You aren't going anywhere." He said as He grabbed my hand. I turned around and slapped him. His brown hair was shaggy and undone. He looked about twenty two.

"Get away from me!" I yelled before I took off running.

I felt him grab me and push me down before landing one on my jaw. I screamed out in pain. I felt him ripping the fabric on my body.

But before I could open my mouth to scream, I felt a whosh and the rogue was knocked right off of me.

I heard him scream before everything went silent.

I looked up and Nicolas was there. He walked over to me and grabbed me by my hands.

His knuckles were busted and bleeding. His face had a bruise and his lip was bleeding.

"Nicolas what happened to your face?" I said shocked. Not the best choice of words. Nicolas looked down at me and sent a dark glare my way.

"Your husband happened." He said through gritted teeth.

"Josh? Is He okay?" I asked. Again not the best thing to say.

"Why don't you go check on your hubby?" Nicolas said angrily.