Chapter 57

Ancientt is making my heart burst with these stunning covers. Such a talented human being 😍.

 Such a talented human being 😍

"I don't think I'm pregnant."

After my shocking confession, it took approximately two minutes for the doctor to rush in with an ultrasound machine, force me onto my back, and smear the warm gel over my abdomen. 

And a minute later, she confirmed my hypothesis with a sad smile, moving the transducer around to show us, "I'm afraid the Luna is right. She is not pregnant."

That would explain why I didn't feel an ounce of ecstasy or excitement whenever it was mentioned. I wasn't overwhelmed by the war or killing Malcolm, I just knew subconsciously that I was not expecting a pup.

Alrik crossed his arms and leaned his shoulder against the wall, "How is this possible?"

"I can only come up with two reasons as to why she is not pregnant, Alpha. The most probable explanation is that her body is still adjusting after she stopped taking birth control, which could have affected her ovulation and fertility."

"And the second reason?" 

The doctor cleared her throat, "Alpha, werewolves are considered to be very fertile creatures. It's not often a couple can have unprotected sex and not get pregnant the very first time. It's why we stress the use of protection..."

She trailed off hesitantly, causing Alrik and me to exchange curious glances.

"What I mean to say is that if the Luna isn't pregnant, it may be because the Moon Goddess has a played a hand in it."

Alrik glared up at the ceiling, and the doctor shifted her weight awkwardly, "Alpha, Luna, if you wish to have pups, I recommend that you try again soon. Perhaps the Moon Goddess prevented it because of the war."

"You're not pregnant?" A familiar female voice shrieked from the door, and we turned our heads to find Alrik's family, Reece, and Leon crowding the entrance. 

Alma had a disappointed expression on her face as she stared at my flat abdomen, "I thought I would be holding a grandpup in my arms soon."

I exhaled slowly and gave the doctor a polite smile as she got ready to leave, "Thank you, doc. We'll let you know if we have any more questions."

She bowed her head and quickly slipped out of the room, allowing our guests to crowd my bedside. As questions began to fly, Alrik positioned himself beside me once again and raised his palm to silence them, "I know all of you are curious, but this is something Jaslynn and I need to discuss in private. All you need to know is that she is not pregnant."

They all had sour looks on their faces, but I managed to distract them from their disappointment with the burning question, "How did Alrik and I end up here?"