andronitis

andronitis

-

The frustration with how

long it takes to get to know someone

"Let me walk you home." Harry said, looking towards Adelaide. The two were sat on the concrete floor against a shop window. It had been about an hour since they arrived and saw the chaos that flooded New Ham. The boys who were fighting over flashlights had slowly filtered away, along with the rest of the people who were spectators of the madness. "I left my phone at yours, I should probably go get that." she gestured towards the direction of his house. Although her phone was still at Harry's house, it was merely an excuse to not stay home alone at night, she didn't know what could happen. The pair slowly stood up, Harry nodded and they began the walk to Harry Bingham's home.

"I can't believe they were fighting over flashlights, how ridiculous is that?" Addy shook her head, unable to wrap her mind around the situation. Harry nodded, "Everyone's angry. Angry that we're stuck here with nothing to do and no solution of how to get out. That's how they're taking their anger out. On each other." Adelaide paused and smiled, looking at him. "You're a lot smarter than you look, you know." Harry stifled a laugh before playfully punching her arm. 

They had gradually made their way inside his house. Addy sat on the kitchen counter, having received her phone. Before they could make conversation, Campbell Eliot walked inside. He first saw Harry, not noticing the girl who sat to the side of him. "Hey, I have one bag. That's all I've got  left of this stuff." Adelaide furrowed her eyebrows and jumped off the counter, walking towards Campbell. Upon noticing the girl, Campbell shoved the small plastic bag into his jacket pocket before turning to look at his friend. Harry looked annoyed, "You can't just walk in my house, Campbell!" he shouted, gesturing towards Addy. Campbell threw his arms in the air in defence and threw the plastic bag towards Harry, which he caught and placed next to him. "You get what you pay for." Campbell replied before walking out.

"He's dealing you drugs?" Addy paused looking at Harry, confused. "Your taking drugs?" she added. Harry stood there in silence, not denying the claims, but also looking disappointed in himself. Shaking her head and picking up her phone, she walked towards the entrance. "I need to leave." Harry rushed forward and grabbed her arm, stopping her from opening the front door. "Adelaide, it's just recreational, it's no big deal." She stopped and turned to look at him, folding her arms, "You know, I actually had a really good time tonight. I thought you were clean, Harry..." her eyes began to fill up with tears, "You can go back to Kelly. I'm sure she misses you." with that, she exited the Bingham household. 

Harry stood there in silence, watching as his new found love interest had stormed out of his house. His chest rose quickly and his breathing became heavier. He swung his hand, knocking his mothers vase off the table, it smashing over the floor. Grabbing the bag of pills on the counter, he ran upstairs, staring at his distressed face in the mirror. He used a shampoo bottle to crush the pills and he began in inhale the powder. He threw his head in his hands before punching the rectangular mirror in front of him, smashing it slightly.