jouska

jouska

-

a hypothetical conversation

you compulsively play out in your head

Adelaide Miller had been in custody for just over a day. She sat handcuffed to a radiator opposite Campbell Eliot and his infamous psychopathic smirk. The two barely spoke three words to each other, Addy avoided his stare and Campbell simply laughed at the girl.

Just as she began to lose all hope. Hope of being released, hope of Harry helping her and hope of her reputation in the town not being fractured. It was a mild Sunday morning and the door to the room opened. Allie walked in, a regretful frown on her face. The blonde strolled over to an armchair and sat down, opening and closing her mouth thinking of what to say.

"You guys need to make me a promise before I can let you out." she stated, folding her arms. Campbell and Addy glanced at each other, curious as to what the girl would come out with. Before Allie could continue to speak, Adelaide began, "You know what, no. I'm done making stupid promises Allie. I still don't understand why I'm here."

Allie sent her a slightly sympathetic smile and shook her head, "You're right. You shouldn't be here, any of you. But I just want you two to promise that you'll never hurt anyone in this town. Look, no one knows how to get out of here, how to get our parents back. It could be weeks, months, years. As long as you help out with the community and don't challenge the authorities, it's going to be a lot easier for all of us."

Campbell laughed slightly at her statement and shook his head, "Don't challenge the authorities?" He mocked her before continuing, "Who are the authorities, Allie? What, you and your little Scooby gang?" he asked, earning a slight nod of agreement from Adelaide.

"Can you just promise you won't hurt anyone. Ok, and then we can let you go." Allie stated, beginning to grow frustrated with their non-conformity to the rules. Campbell and Addy looked at each other hesitantly before both nodding and agreeing to the conditions. 

After her handcuffs were removed, Adelaide rubbed her swollen wrist in pain and slowly began to stand up. By this point, Campbell was long gone out of the house but Addy was still trying to regain her strength. She gave a short nod to Allie on the way out and walked out of the front door. On the front porch Harry Bingham stood waiting for the girl.

"Hey." he stated, not knowing what her mood would be like after her time in custody. Adelaide paused, before running in to the boys arms. Tears streamed down her face as she buried her head into his shoulder, his arms wrapping around her tightly and placing his hands on the back of her head. 

"I've missed you." The girl sniffled, all of her emotions pouring out at once. "Hey, shh." Harry said, comforting her. "It's ok, you're safe now...you're safe with me." he stated facing her and pecking her lips gently.