ᴄᴀᴿʟʏ

"I slept with Tom," Sophie said, spinning the cap off of her beer with her nail, waiting for Lorenzo to respond. No doubt looking shocked.

Lorenzo looked up from his drink shocked, "I'm sorry, you what? When the hell did that happen?"

"April twenty-ninth. After we got back to our hotel we said goodnight. I kissed his cheek, he kissed mine, he ended up just kissing me then we went back to his room, we did it, after I freaked the fuck out and left."

"Wow, um, have you talked to him since?"

"Nope," She shook her head and took a swipe of her beer.

"What? Why? Was it shit?"

"No, it was possibly the best sex I've ever had." A

"And you haven't talked to him because?"

"It was a mistake. And I don't know what to say to him."

"Was it really a mistake? Do you really regret it?"

"No..."

Lorenzo looked at her and raised an eyebrow, "you need to tell him that."

"But why?" She groaned, spinning round on the stool so she could fully face him.

"There was this girl, Carly, that I really liked, I was in love with her. I asked her out and she said no, that bummed me out a lot so I "moved on" I guess," he put air quotes around moved on, "I still loved her and nothing was going to change that. But I met this other girl and she was really nice but she just wasn't Carly. Anyways, I started dating this other girl in the hope that it would make Carly jealous and I ended up finding out that Carly did actually feel the same way about me, she was just scared. Turned out the girl I dated was cheating on me so I at least had another reason to breakup with her other than I'm in love with someone else."

"Is there a point to this story?"

"I'm getting to it. Anyway, turns out Carly got a boyfriend and I lost my chance with her. And thats always been my biggest regret. So the point is, you'll end up regretting that you never told him that you didn't regret booking up and then I'll say I told you so."

"I should really talk to him."

"Yuhuh."

She finished her beer and turned back to face Lorenzo, "what's Carly doing now?"

"She's married to the boyfriend and has a kid. So unless I want to be a home wrecker, there's no way in hell Carly and I would ever be together."

"Do you ever wonder what it would be like if you never tried to make her jealous?"

"All the god damned time."

"I'm sorry, lo."

"Ah it's fine. But you need to go talk to Tom."

"Oh shit yeah. Wish me luck."