Chapter One

Disclaimer::::

I do not own Home Alone characters. Only my OC character (s).

I don't make any profit from any of my stories on this website.

"Characters Speaking"
Characters Thinking
/Authors Comments\

~~~Isabella's POV~~~

There are a lot more people staying at our house at the moment. Aunt Leslie, Uncle Frank and our cousins are staying the night as we are all heading to France for tomorrow morning's Christmas holidays.

Kevin, my youngest brother, is trying to watch a movie with the others, but Uncle Frank, being his usual mean self, doesn't allow him to. Kevin walks off, an upset look on his face. I sent a disappointed look to Uncle Frank before I followed Kevin.

I caught up to Kevin as he walked into Mum and Dad's room. "Mom. Uncle Frank won't let me watch the movie...but the big kids can. Why can't I?"

"Kevin. I'm on the phone." She turns away and continues putting things in her suitcase. "When do you come back? Not till then?"

I lean against the door and watch Kevin approach Mom's bed. "It's not even rated R. He's just being a jerk."

Mom lets out a sigh. "Kevin, if Uncle Frank says no, it must be really bad." Mom turns away and continues talking on the phone. "No, we put the dog in the kennel--"

Kevin plonks himself on top of Mom's suitcase, and I couldn't help but let out a silent chuckle. "Hey, get off!" Mom scolds. "Kevin, out of the room."

Kevin doesn't listen and picks up a book and looks through it. "Hang up the phone and make me, why don't you?"

Dad comes out of the bathroom, startling me briefly. I didn't even notice that he was there. "Kate, did you, by any chance, pick up a voltage adapter thing?"

"No, I didn't have time to do that," Mom admits.

"Then how do I shave in France?" Dad questions.

"Grow a goatee." Mom offers.

Kevin sits up. "Dad, nobody'll let me do anything."

"You've got nothing to do? I've got something for you to do: pick up those Micro Machines that are all over in there. Aunt Leslie stepped on one and almost broke her neck." Dad suggests.

"He was in the garage again playing with the glue gun," Mom tells Dad while Kevin moves his finger across his neck.

Dad looks at Kevin, unimpressed. "Didn't we talk about that?"

"Did I burn down the joint? I don't think so. I was making ornaments out of fish hooks." Kevin admits without hesitation.

"My new fish hooks?" Dad questions.

"I can't make ornaments out of the old ones...with the dry worm, guts stuck on them." Kevin points out.

"Peter," Mom says before looking away.

"Come on, Kevin. Out." Dad says as he picks Kevin up.

Aunt Leslie comes to stand next to me. "Peter, Kate, do you guys have a voltage adapter?"

Dad puts Kevin in Aunt Leslie's arms. "Here's a voltage adapter."

"God, you're getting heavy. Go pack your suitcase." Aunt Leslie says as she puts Kevin down and walks away.

Kevin stops walking, and his eyes widen. "Pack my suitcase?" Kevin questions in disbelief.

Kevin goes to Jeff's bedroom while I head over to my own, where I double-check that I have done mine and Kevin's suitcase and ensure I haven't forgotten anything.