Chapter Eight

Disclaimer::::

I do not own Home Alone characters. Only my OC character (s).

I don't make any profit from any of my stories on this website.

"Characters Speaking"
Characters Thinking
/Authors Comments\

~~~Previous~~~

I look up to see Old Man Marley with his large shovel. He hits Marv with it first, making Marv hit the door before falling to the floor. Harry turns around to look, but Old Man Marley hits him, too. Old man Marley gets Kevin off the door. "Come on. Let's get you both home."

We are both safe and sound in our home. We hear the police sirens, so we look outside the window. They rush into Murphy's home. It isn't long before Harry and Marv are dragged out in handcuffs. "Wow! This is great."

"Yeah, it is," I say softly.

As they are being driven away in the police cars, Harry sees us in the window. We both smile and wave. I chuckle at his face before we close the curtains. I send Kevin upstairs to get changed while I tidy up all the mess (minus Buzz's room).

Kevin comes down in his pyjamas with a plate of mince pies and a glass of milk and places them near the tree. We sat on the chair, staring at the Christmas tree before heading to bed. I only went after changing into my pyjamas and ensuring everything was locked up.

~~~Present~~~

The next morning, I am woken up when Kevin begins moving. I slowly open my eyes to see that it is snowing heavily outside. Kevin and I get out the bed and run downstairs to the living room, Kevin calling out for Mom. "Mom? Mom? Mom?"

She isn't there. Kevin looks so upset and disappointed. We walk over to the front door and open it to look outside. She isn't there even, and Kevin's face gets even more disappointed.

We both head back upstairs and sit on the bed. Kevin is looking at the family photo when we hear the door open and close, followed by Mom calling our names. "Kevin! Isabella! Kevin! Isabella!"

Kevin puts down the photo, and we both head downstairs. We investigate the dining room to see that Mom isn't there. We hear a sigh. We look to see Mom standing near the living room. Kevin and I don't say anything; we just stand there staring at her.

Mom kneels to put down her bag before standing back up, a hesitant smile on her face. "Merry Christmas, sweethearts." When we don't reply, she loses her smile and walks towards us. "Oh, Kevin, Isabella, I'm so sorry."

Kevin and I share a glance before smiling and running toward Mom and hugging her. When we move back slightly, Kevin asks what we are both thinking. "Where's everybody else?"

"Oh, baby, they couldn't come. They wanted to so much--" Mom starts before the door is suddenly opened, and Dad and the others walk in, talking over each other. Dad is the last to walk in. "Kevin! Isabella! How are you? It's good to see you." Dad says as he lifts Kevin to hug him before putting him down and pulling me into a hug. "You're all right. I love you. You okay?"

Both Kevin and I share a look before nodding. "Yeah."

"Hey, Kev," Buzz says as he walks closer. "It's pretty cool that you didn't burn the place down."

They shake hands slightly. "Thanks, Buzz."

"Wait a minute. How'd you guys get home?" Mom asks.

"We took the morning flight, remember, the one you didn't want to wait for," Dad says, moving to hug Mom.

"Oh, no. Oh! Thank you."

"Merry Christmas."

"Someone has to find an open store. We don't even have milk here." Mom says, looking at Dad.

Kevin speaks up. "Bella let me go shopping yesterday."

They all look at Kevin. "You, shopping." Jeff questions.

"I got some milk, eggs and fabric softener," Kevin admits.

"What?" Mom questions.

"No kidding?" Dad asks. "What a funny guy. What else did the two of you do while we were away?"

Kevin and I glance and answer at the same time. "Just hung around."

This makes the rest of them laugh. As the family goes upstairs, Kevin and I see movement from outside the window in the living room. We walk to it, and Kevin moves the net to the side.

We look to see Old Man Marley with a couple and his Granddaughter. That must be his son and his daughter-in-law. Old man Marley is hugging his Granddaughter, but when he sees us, he lifts one of his hands and waves. Kevin and I smile and wave back. He puts his Granddaughter down, and the four walk towards his house.

Just then, just to ruin the moment, Buzz shouts from upstairs. "Kevin! Isabella! What did you do to my room?"

Kevin and I shared a look before running away from the window, though I was chuckling as we were doing so.

~~~The End~~~

/Thank you for reading this chapter. Please leave a review. Your opinions are appreciated.\