Chapter Six

Disclaimer::::

I do not own Home Alone characters. Only my OC character (s).

I don't make any profit from any of my stories on this website.

"Characters Speaking"
Characters Thinking
/Authors Comments\

~~~Previous~~~

They walk off, and we can't hear them talking anymore. "Mom, where are you?" I hear Kevin mutter before he closes the window. We return to the living room and decorate the tree and the fireplace.

~~~3rd POV~~~

Their mom is sitting inside the back of a van with a group of men who offered to drive her home as they were going past the same area anyway. They are playing Deck the Halls, Polka-style. The man tries offering Kate a go at one of the instruments, but she denies it, and he goes back to playing.

~~~Present~~~

~~~Isabella's POV~~~

Later that night, Kevin wants to go and visit Santa Claus, so we head there after locking the house. As Kevin walks to the door, I stay beside the bottom of the path. There is a woman dressed as an elf, and she points in the opposite direction. I look to see that the person dressed as Santa is getting into his car.

Kevin and I head in that direction. "Santa, hold on. Can I talk to you?"

He puts out his fag and eaves his hand in front of him. "Just make it quick. Santa's got a get together he's late for."

"I know you're not the real Santa Claus," Kevin admits.

"What makes you say that? Just out of curiosity." He says before noticing he hasn't put the beard back up. He does so quickly, but Kevin takes no notice of it.

"I'm old enough to know how it works." Kevin points out.

"All right."

"But I also know you work for him. I'd like you to give him a message." Kevin says.

"Shoot."

"I'm Kevin McCallister, 671 Lincoln Boulevard. Do you need the phone number?" Kevin asks.

He shakes his head. "No, that's all right."

"Okay. This is extremely important. Would you please tell him that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back. No toys. Nothing but Peter, Kate, Buzz, Megan, Linnie and Jeff. And my aunt and my cousins. And if he has time, my Uncle Frank. Okay?" Kevin says.

He nods his head. "Okay. I'll see what I can do."

"Thanks," Kevin says as he walks away but is stopped. "Wait. My elf took the last candy canes home to her boyfriend."

"That's okay," Kevin says without hesitation.

"No, no, don't be silly. Everybody who sees Santa has gotta get something. Here, hold out your little paw there. There you go." He places his last tic tacs in Kevin's palm. "Don't spoil your dinner."

Kevin curls his hand around them. "I won't. Thanks."

I wait for Kevin to catch up before we walk the way home. As we walk home, Kevin stops and stares at the family in one of the houses. He slowly turns his head away but keeps his head down as we continue walking.

As we walk past the church, Kevin is kicking the hard part of the snow. He is truly missing our family now, isn't he?

Kevin stops and looks at the church when we hear the faint sound of children singing. "Bella, can we go inside?"