~Chapter 7~

You arrive at the bookshop. Aziraphale has two cups of tea out.

"Ah, Y/N, here you are! I was expecting you."

"Crowley told you?" You're going to pretend that you didn't hear any of that conversation.

"Yes, he did. How have you been faring?"

"Quite well, thank you."

"Crowley's not too... edgy... for you?"

"No, I rather like him, honestly. Although I haven't been talking to him much. He forgot that I lived with him this morning, for example."

"And you caught him yelling at his plants?"

"Yeah."

"Hmm. Well, he doesn't necessarily want me telling you this, but he does understand the concept of talking to plants. He just needs a way to get rid of his anger."

"I can understand that. It's fine." Of course, you already knew that from accidentally snooping into their conversation. Whatever they're keeping from you, you hope that they tell you soon. But... it wouldn't hurt things to bug them about it.

"Aziraphale, what's going on?" He stiffens and tries to smile.

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"Like I can't shake the feeling that there's more to you and Crowley than meets the eye. I won't mind no matter what it is, I just... kinda want to know..."

"Don't worry about it, it's unimportant. Anyways, I suggest you read this book. It's about the human sleep schedule and I can imagine you enjoying it." He completely changed the subject. Guess it's not time for you to know yet.

You continue discussing books with Aziraphale. It turns out that this book is very interesting, and Aziraphale offers to let you borrow it. You obviously accept the offer. Some night-time reading would do you good.

After a few hours, you decide to head back to Crowley's flat. It's just past lunch.

As you walk back, you think about them. You're not usually one to pry, but there's something so intriguing about who they could be.

Maybe Crowley is a Mafia boss and Aziraphale is his top officer and they're planning a major heist in a few days.

Maybe they're gay and they're getting married in a few days and they're scared you're a homophobe.

... And those are the only two possibilities you can think of.

At this point, you're at Crowley's flat and he's nowhere to be seen. In other words, he's in his study. So you knock and he opens the door.

"Oh, you're back. Have you eaten?" You had. Aziraphale had made you both a small and simple lunch.

"Yeah. Have you?" He pauses.

"No."

"Breakfast?"

"... No." Oh no.

"Did you have anything yesterday?" An even longer pause.

"... No." You walk away to the kitchen. He better not be anorexic. Quickly, you fix him a small plate of eggs and toast. It's better to start small.

"Here you go."

"What...?"

"I don't want you to be anorexic so I'm helping in the only way I know how to. Now, eat."

"... But I don't want to." Time to bring out the big guns.

"If you don't eat this right now, I will be personally offended that you don't like my cooking."