~Chapter 12~

Crowley approved of dropping out of college. He said that there's no use for it now. You've already found your calling-- stopping Armageddon.

You, Crowley, and Aziraphale are going to head back to the area around the former convent to see if there's any evidence. In other words, Aziraphale was sure that he needed to get back there. He said he felt something peculiar right near there. Something like incredible amounts of love again. He figured that the antichrist may be around there or at least have a hint.

So now you're in the backseat of the Bentley as Crowley blasts Queen and Aziraphale looks out the window. It's dark now, and the world feels peaceful.

The feeling goes away when, in the corner of your eye, you see a light coming rapidly closer. You're about to yell at Crowley to slow down when you hear a crash and see something tumble over the windshield. Both the Bentley and the Queen music stops.

Crowley cusses. Knowing him, he's probably more worried about the Bentley than the person he just ran over.

The three of you get out quickly and review the damage. Aziraphale runs down into a ditch where the person Crowley hit is lying.

"Let there be light." With a swoop of his arm, the sky fills with light. You can see that it's a young woman with black hair. She's wearing a dark green dress you'd imagine coming from a different and older era.

She has a baby blue bike with a white basket and she's currently holding her hand up to her face to shield her eyes from the light Aziraphale just produced.

"What the hell...?" she says, "How'd you do that?" You glance back to Crowley. He walks by the front of the Bentley, and with a wave of his hand, the headlight starts to shine again and the hood is scratch-free.

Then he snaps and the light Aziraphale created is gone. Aziraphale runs into the ditch and slides his hand over the woman's wrist. You hear a sickening crack as the bones are realigned.

"No broken bones..." You catch his eye and glance towards the bike. It's destroyed. You hear the bending of metal. You blink and it looks perfect. Aziraphale helps the woman up out of the ditch and then grabs the bike.

"Amazingly resilient, these old machines." He climbs out of the ditch, and the four of you stand by the Bentley.

"Would you like a ride as an apology?" Aziraphale says. Crowley butts in.

"Absolutely not. We can't just go around giving out free rides. Besides, there's nowhere to put the bike."

Aziraphale smiles and you hear the creaking of metal again. "Nowhere but the bike rack!" He picks up the bike and attaches it to the newly-installed bike rack that's on the back of the Bentley.

Crowley sighs and you can hear him roll his eyes. He climbs back into the driver's seat and you get into the back. The woman sits next to you.

"Where may we take you, my dear?" Aziraphale looks back at the woman with a smile.

"I'll show you where you can drop me off. I live right around here."

"Alright." Aziraphale turns to Crowley and the Bentley starts to move.

"Oh, Lord, heal this bike..." Crowley quietly mocks Aziraphale.

Aziraphale glares at him then whispers a retort. "I panicked, okay?"

Crowley chuckles. You turn to the woman. "Don't mind them. It's a pleasure to meet you, even though we had to run you over first."

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well. I am Anathema Device. What's your name?"