Chapter Four

Jon was confused about his own feelings toward this new and improved Richie. Oh boy, what an improvement! Even in his grungy day-off clothes, which Jon had seen him in not an hour earlier, he looked amazingly sexy. Jon watched as Richie stood and talked about his day with the others.

"So let's do this meeting, huh?" Jon said clapping his hands to get the other's attention as he shook himself out of his head. "I need you guys to go over the older stuff. I wanna throw in a couple of curveballs and I need you all on the same page, okay? I wanna get this show outta the way and we all need the break that's coming up, but we can't get complacent. It's gotta be tight!"

"So what are you gonna give us?" David asked.

"Haven't decided as yet, so just be prepared."

This was met by groans all around but softened with a measure of anticipation.

"Go on, get outta here, go do your homework!"

As David, Tico and Richie started for the door, Jon said, "Hey Rich, hang on for a minute, will ya?"

Bidding the other two a temporary goodbye, he turned back to Jon. "Yeah, Boss?" He was still pissed.

"I- I just wanted to say that I apologise for the crack about your hair earlier. I like it. I really like it." He smiled shyly. "It- ahh- it makes you look grown-up. Sexy. The girls are gonna love it!" Jon was clenching and releasing his fists, trying to quell the urge to run his fingers through the shorter strands.

"Thanks, man! It means a lot that you like it," Richie said with a faint blush staining his cheeks. He embraced Jon awkwardly, clapping him on the back while secretly taking in his scent.

"Now get outta here." Jon broke away, turned Richie toward the door and gently pushed him out. He closed the door behind him and thumped his head against it trying to get the thoughts of Richie out of his head.

He kept hearing himself asking Richie to kiss him.

In his head, he was playing through the past minutes over and over, but adding "Kiss me, Richie," before their lips met for the first time. Softly and tentatively they kissed at first, exploring tastes, teeth taking nips before tongues would soothe.

He was still standing behind the door with a cock that wanted to come out to play. All he had to do was open that door and call Richie back into his room, into his arms, but he pushed away and turned toward the bathroom and stripped quickly before jumping under a hot shower.

He kept that loop going as he started stroking his erection, as they kissed over and over in his head. He brought himself off quickly calling Richie's name as his orgasm rolled through his body.

He let the hot water wash over him, washing away the awkwardness and the guilt he was feeling; the guilt that was instilled into him that same-sex love was wrong and the awkwardness of Richie being his best friend. What if becoming lovers fucked everything up? Jon felt so good when he and Richie were together. Surely it wouldn't! Would it? How could something that felt so right and so true be wrong?

Jon finished his shower and went to bed still thinking of the guitarist.

It had taken him a little longer to fall for Richie.

Of course, he liked Richie right away. How could he not? He was happy and friendly and bubbly and a joy to be around. And he was good looking too: tall, dark and handsome with eyes like inky pools of the abyss. Not to mention he was a hell of a guitar player.

What eventually got Jon was Richie's overabundance of affection. He would hug Jon for any reason: a successful show, a number one song, a number one album, or the pizza dude getting their order right. So whenever anything good happened, really anything, Jon would automatically throw his arms out because he knew there would be a warm hug from the guitarist.

And he liked it. He liked having Richie's arms around him and his nose in his hair. He liked putting his own face against Richie's neck, against Richie's shoulder, smelling his hair and his t-shirt. He loved putting his own arms around Richie too. Richie was so warm and he made Jon feel so loved. There were many times when he thought of just planting a hot, wet, open-mouthed kiss to Richie's neck but he always lost his nerve.

Most of Jon's fantasies were like that, he realized. They mostly involved Richie just popping up into his ordinary routine. Like now, since Jon was in bed for the night and naked because it's summertime, he imagined the guitarist slipping into bed behind him and simply stroking him from his hair to his knee. This gave him chills. He stroked himself firmly as he pictured Richie's eager hand in his hair, stroking over his neck, his shoulder, his arm, his hip and his leg. He rolled over and came easily as he imagined Richie then kissing his lips.

"I'm having fantasies- sexual fantasies- about someone I shouldn't," Jon had revealed to Tico one day not too long ago. Tico had just shaken his head and said that fantasizing was harmless and that he shouldn't feel bad about it.

"Enjoy it. It's free," the drummer had assured him.

So the next time Jon stepped into the shower and his mind drifted to Richie, he sighed under the hot spray and fantasized that he was running his fingers through Richie's silky hair. Thinking about how Tico said that such thoughts were okay, he also imagined Richie touching him, Richie kissing him, Richie going down on him. It quickly turned into a very pleasant, very satisfying shower.

He blushed when he thought of what he said to Richie earlier. "I must have sounded like a little lovesick girl," he thought. "Oh, Richie! I love your haircut! You look so grown up and sexy!" God, why did his voice sound like that? So pathetic and lovey-dovey? What was wrong with him?

If he was honest with himself, what he wanted to say was, "Come here and kiss me!" Then he and Richie would make out like teenagers. In reality, Jon made out with his pillow. He realized what he was doing and felt stupid all over again. God, he had it bad.

Richie. However, Richie didn't seem to mind the compliment. He acted happy even. Could it be? Could Richie feel the same way? Jon dared not even think about that.