Chapter Eight

David and Tico moved around Jon's room lighting candles and scattering rose petals. Tico was thinking of how cool it had been to witness his two friends realise their love for each other. David was chuckling all the time they were setting up the bedroom.

"Shut up Dave! This is beautiful! True love is beautiful!" Tico insisted.

"I know, I was chuckling because I got them this." He placed a big bottle of high-quality lubricant that he'd purchased earlier, on the bedside table. "Think they'll use all of this tonight?"

"You're ridiculous." Tico looked out to the balcony at his completely enamoured friends. "How long have they been kissing?"

David checked his watch. "About a half-hour."

"We've woken up a beast," Tico realized.

"It needed to be done," David agreed.

"Right, I think we're finished here. Music is on, candles are lit, dinner and wine have been delivered. Let's unlock the door and get outta here."

"I think we deserve a night out after all of this. My treat!" David said magnanimously.

"You know what, I'm going to take you up on that offer, too." Tico stood beside the balcony door, his hand on the lock ready to release the mechanism. "Ready?"

David gave him the thumbs up from the main entrance doorway. Tico flicked the lock loud enough for the two men outside to hear and opened the door slightly.

"Turn off the lights," David reminded him.

Tico hit the switch then quickly joined David, locking the main suite door behind them.

*~*

"I think we've just been released from captivity."

Jon heard the snick of the lock and the door opening a fraction. He nuzzled his nose against Richie's as he spoke, not daring to open his eyes just yet.

He stood still and listened to the sounds around him, Richie's heavy breathing and his own heartbeat. The music seemed to swell now that it wasn't locked in. "It Started With A Kiss" from David's playlist appropriately surged out into the air. Taking a moment, Jon imprinted the feel of Richie's skin under his fingertips to his memory before opening his eyes.

They smiled at each other wide-eyed and happy. While Jon had his hand in Richie's hair, Richie had moved his hands to rest at Jon's waist, his fingers clutching at the material beneath them. Their mouths met and the two lovebirds kissed again. And again and again.

They stumbled into the suite with their lips still attached. Out of the corner of his eye, Jon noticed a weird glow and broke away with curiosity. "What is all this?"

There was an abnormal amount of candles on all available surfaces. And they were all lit. Did Riche do this? If so, when? They'd been together for the last few hours.

"Oh my god. David and Tico must have done this," Richie answered Jon's question.

"In addition to the dinner." he pointed out. "I guess they're not joining us then." Jon now noticed the table was only set for two, and two large dinner carts set to one side. A new silver ice bucket, covered with condensation, sat beside the table.

"Let's see what we have tonight," Jon said, pulling Richie along with him. As he started lifting the silver domes, Richie wrapped his arms around Jon from behind, resting his chin on his shoulder.

The first dish was a baked Camembert cheese with rustic mini toasts, the main consisted of lobster tail with lemon and garlic butter with baby potatoes. For dessert was a huge bowl of the most perfect, fragrant, fresh berries and a bowl of whipped cream. They were all foods that could be enjoyed using fingers and to share.

"I wonder who ordered the food?" Jon asked.

"Tico!" they both answered in unison a moment later, knowing that if it were left to David, they would have ended up with pizza or something equally inappropriate.

They both chuckled, then Richie squeezed Jon a bit tighter before saying, "Let's eat now while it's hot."

"Mmm okay. It smells divine." Jon agreed, and they placed the hot food on the table.

Jon scooped a bit of the creamy cheese onto a piece of toast and fed it to Richie, while he was opening the champagne. It was another bottle of what they'd been drinking outside, but it was freshly chilled and matched perfectly with the food before them.

They sat down with their mains in front of them, the cheese between them. The berries and cream sat chilling on a bed of ice on the remaining food cart.

"To making new memories," Jon said, giving Richie a soft, shy smile and they touched their flutes with a small clink, each taking a sip of the chilled wine.

"Starting tonight, baby," Richie replied, relishing the fact that Jon didn't flinch at the endearment that slipped so easily from his mouth.

"Did you try some of the cheese?" he continued. When Jon shook his head, Richie chose a slice of the crunchy bread and scooped it into the warm delight, then reached across the table and fed it to Jon.

"You're too far away," Jon said and moved his chair closer to Richie's, rearranging the tableware as well.

They continued to eat the lobster with their fingers, dipping the delicate flesh into the butter before popping it into their mouths. Richie watched Jon lick the butter from his fingers, before he took a piece of his lobster, coated it with the lemony butter, and fed it to Jon. Jon's eyes never left Richie's as he sucked Richie's fingers clean of the butter. Richie's mouth fell open as Jon's tongue curled around his fingers, one by one.

Richie leaned closer to Jon and replaced his fingers with his mouth, tasting the food from his lips. They sat kissing at the table until the rest of the food started to get cold.

"I don't know about you, but I think I've had enough lobster," Richie mumbled against Jon's mouth.

"Uh-huh. Me too." Jon drew in a deep breath, knowing what was going to happen next. He stood up and held out his hand for Richie.

They moved away from the table and got about two paces before Richie pulled Jon back into his embrace. His hands moved up Jon's arms to hold his face. Jon's arms instinctively went around Richie's waist and crushed him with the force of his embrace before moving down to Richie's ass.

Bodies started to move to their own ancient rhythm, hips rocking against the other, rubbing, swelling, growing. They broke away from the kiss breathing heavily, their lips slightly swollen.

"Ready?" Richie asked, almost shyly. He'd been waiting for this moment for years and now that Jon was here in his arms, he was nervous, anxious and excited all at the same time, but mostly excited.

"Never been more ready, darlin'," Jon replied. He took Richie's hand and started walking backward toward the bedroom, but Richie dragged him closer to kiss him again as they walked. Neither of them could get enough of each other. The dam had been broken.

Upon entering the bedroom, Jon noticed the rose petals, more candles and the bottle of lube on the bedside table. He blushed and took Richie's hand.

"Crazy guys." Richie shook his head, referring to their bandmates. "I think they like the idea of us together." Richie kissed Jon's hand before pulling him into his arms.

"I like the idea of us together too," Jon said seductively.

Richie's eyes twinkled. "Now where were we?"

"Right about here," Jon whispered, reaching up for another kiss.