Chapter Seven

Tico picked up his phone and called Jon first.

"Yeah T, what's up?" Jon answered almost straight off.

"I'm heading out to see some artwork at the Louvre. I want to get your opinion on the piece, so meet me downstairs in half an hour okay?" Tico hung up, not giving Jon the chance to say no. He never did say no to the Cuban.

"David, ring Rich to tell him we're all going out, but then back out at the last minute. Got it?"

"On it!" he replied, digging his phone from his pants pocket.

"Hey, Rich! T, Jon and I are heading over to the Louvre to look at some smiling lady and get some culture. You in?"

"I- I dunno, man. Haven't we done this before?" Richie said.

"Yeah, but it's usually so rushed. This time we have all the time in the world to appreciate the beauty. Half an hour. Downstairs. See you then!"

"Okay. See you then." Richie said reluctantly.

"Done!" David said, turning to Tico.

"Good! Let's get this show on the road," he said with a huge smile.

Tico left David with strict instructions on what was to happen and when then left their suite ten minutes early to head down to the lobby to wait for the other two.

As usual, Jon was on time. He was a stickler for punctuality, but Richie was his exception to the rule. He always let Richie get away with being the last to do anything. "What are we waiting for, Teek?"

"Richie," he said simply and watched Jon's face for any reaction. He wasn't disappointed. Jon's eyes lit up and a slight flush crept up his neck. He saw Richie leaving the elevator behind Jon and making his way over to the others.

"I'm here. Where's Dave?" he asked as he walked up to his bandmates, secretly taking in Jon's rearview. His stomach flipped a little at the sight.

"Um- he had an urgent call to take, so he said he'd meet us there later. Let's go, the car's waiting for us." Tico said, putting on his sunglasses.

Jon and Richie did the same and pulled caps down over their eyes as well, before following in the drummer into the town car. The driver closed the door before getting behind the wheel and heading off.

It was a pleasant afternoon and thankfully no one bothered them. There were questioning glances but no one thought to put two and two together so everyone left the three men alone.

Before heading back to the hotel, Tico suggested they go to a local bar for a drink, mainly to kill some time.

"So I wonder where Lemma got to?" Jon asked. He'd noticed Tico checking his watch constantly.

"Maybe he fell asleep? He was pretty shattered." Tico offered as an excuse, a lame one, but they seemed to accept it.

After a couple of drinks, they decided to stroll back to the hotel. Clouds had rolled in while they were inside the gallery and the thunder had started to rumble as they sipped their wines, so it wasn't a huge surprise when the rain started not long after they set off. They ended up jogging the last block or two back before tumbling through the lobby doors, shaking the rain from their hair.

Tico checked his watch; the timing was perfect. He sent a discrete text message to David while Jon was checking the front desk for messages and Richie was still shaking moisture off his clothes.

"Just enough time for a hot shower before dinner," Jon said to no one in particular as they entered the elevator.

"Jon, I need to talk to you for a minute. Mind if I come up to your room? Shouldn't take long." Tico said, "Rich, do you mind checking on David? Take my key."