Part 1- Easier Not To Say Goodbye

Well, I guess this is it. Today is the day I have to leave for the Apex Games. I hate having to be away from my family, but if I can help my mother, its worth it.

I pick up my backpack that contained the majority of my belongings and headed for the door.

Before I opened it I look into the open door to my mother's room. I see my father kneeling beside her, holding her hand as she tried to sleep. My heart breaks every time I see her like this. Seeing her in pain breaks my heart.

I look to the door and head outside. It would be easier not to look back and to not say goodbye. I cant handle seeing her like this. Hopefully soon, this will all be over and we can all be happy again.

Heading through the streets of my poverty ridden town, I see the streets that I grew up on. I see the people I grew up with. I take it all in and sigh.

I would have to start over. This would be the last time I say many of these people. I would be on another planet.

Thankfully, the trip had been paid in full by the Apex Games or I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

The airbase wasnt very far from my city, so the walk wouldnt take that long, so I just had to hold on to my belingings tightly. There are many people here who dont have high morals.

I take one last look back to my house as I round the corner, taking a deep breath as I did so.

God, this all felt unreal. I have never been out of town before, let alone off-planet! What would it be like in space?

Arround fourty-five minutes later I arive at the Airbase. Everything here seemed so busy and organized. I take my ticket from my bag and follow the signs for my flight. God, there were so many!

After going through a scanning machine and having my bags searched, I borded the ship and went to my seat.

I felt a bit nervous about flying, as well as the fact that very few people got on the ship before takeoff. As I feel the engine start, i feel my heart race and my grip to the seat restraint tightens.

"Please remain seated thruout this flight, we will be departing shortly. The flight atendent will instruct you on what to do in the event of an emergency." I hear over the intercom.

Looking to the front of the ship, I see a smiling lady who I will assume is the flight attendant.

"In the event of an emergency, there is a oxygen mask above your head. To use..." I zone off, not really caring what she had to say. I was so nervous. The only time I had ever previously felt so nervous was during my first boxing match.

The flight attendant eventually sits down and I hear a buzz as the intercom is used again.

"We are about to depart, please stay seated."

I feel my stomach tie itself into a knot and I bite my lip as the aircraft starts to move.

I feel like I might scream as we speed up, breaking through the atmosphere. Once we were up high it wasnt as bad, but it wasnt all that pleasant until we were really in space.

Looking out the window, the view was amazing. So many beautiful colours, so many stars! How amazing it is.

I look back at my planet, my home, growing smaller and smaller by the second.

"Goodbye for now mama. I will be home soon." I close my eyes and sigh, pressing my forehead against the glass.

Time passes rather quickly as I watch planets go by. Some were nearly uninhabitable, being either too cold or too hot.

I glance at a desert planet. I cant imagine living there. The constant heat would drive me insane, but I suppose that you would be used to it if you grew up there.

"We are aproaching our destination, please be aware we will be re-entering atmosphere." The intercoms buzz.

I sigh, not as fearful this time. Now that I knew what to expect, is wasnt as terrifying. I look ahead of the ship and see The planet. Oh, its beautiful! So clean and a mixture of so many colours!

My stomach knots itself as we re-enter and I feel slightly queezy, but its not nearly as bad as before.

I look out the window as we lower down to the surface of the planet.

Wow, everything here is so big!

The ship lands and I get off, heading into the main airport, lookimg for the person who would guide me. I knew where nothing was, so The Apex Games assigned me someone who would dhow me arround the city where the apex games are held.

I fimd a young woman in a suit holding a sign with my name. I walk over to her and wave.

"You must be y/n. I will be your guide. Please follow me." She says with a smile.

We head out to,the parkimg lot and she motions fore to get into the back of her car.

Wow, this was cool. Not many people had a car back in my city. Its like a special treat.

We drive through the city and she shows me the highlights.

The showed me a park that had a big, beautiful weaping willow tree. I will deffinatly want to visit that.

Finally, after the tour of the city is over, we arrive at a huge building. We park infront of a fenced off walkway, and as I get out, there are people everywhere taking my picture. I feel awkward, but I decide just to smile as I followed the lady inside.

"Now it's time for,the most important part of the tour," she says, "You now get to meet ypur fellow legends that you will work with."

I nod and my heart soars. What would they be like? I had no costume for this, and i know that they all did. How would they act in real life?

To be continued...