Part 3- Shooting Range

I looked at the adress in front of me and sighed. This was supposed to be where the shooting range is. I look at the large building before me and shrug. This is probably it, but being unsure of myself, I tripple check the address.

I push through the doors to see security and a whole lot of guns. Walking through, I grab an R-301 and some light ammo. I dont have too much experience with guns, so I hope to God that not too many people are here to watch this.

I know how to properly hold a gun and all, but im not very accurate. I take a feel breath and aim. I pull the trigger and- *click*

What? I pull the trigger again.

*click*

"Hey, you forgot to turn off the safety, shooter.'' I hear Bangalore say with a chuckle.

"Oh." I say, feeling my face turn red. I turn the safety off and turn back to aiming.

Oh gosh, I am such an idiot! I bet I seem clueless right now. How coulc I forget that?

I fire the R-301 and I hit the target only a few times. God, I cant even hit a still target, how will I hit a moving one?

I see bangalore out of the corner of my eye.

"You need help there shooter?" She asks.

My face turns even redder as I nod. Might as well get help now before we actually shoot at real people.

She walks over to me and shows me how to properly aim and how to strafe while shooting.

"Here, like this." She says while grabbing my hands and repositioning me.

I feel slightly uncomfortable at her touch. She keeps touching me. Its kinda weird.

She, being extremely accurate, hits nearly every shot. I, on the other hand, hit more than I had last time, but still not very good compared to her.

Hearing the door open again, I turn arround to see octane walking into the shooting range.

"Hey compadres. What up?" He asks.

"Nothing much, just teaching the new girl to shoot." Bangalore says quickly.

Octane laughs.

"Not this again. Do you even know if she is gay?" He asks with a chuckle.

"What?" I ask and feel my face go red.

"Okay, no I didnt, but that was next on the list!" Bangalore responds.

I quietly walk away from the blossoming argument. Was she actually hitting on me? Im deffinatly not gay, so I mean... Thats a bit awkward.

I try to ignore the yelling as I continue to pracrice shooting. Damn it, first day and ive already caused a fight.

The yelling dies out and I hear robotic legs approaching.

I turn my head to Octane and put down the gun.

"Hey, did she bother you much?" He asks.

"I got a bit uncomfortable, but nothing I cant handle." I reply. Bangalore seemed like a very nice person and I didnt want to ruin whatever friendship we had.

"Yeah, she tends to do that." He says with a sigh.

I nod my head and turn back to shooting.

I fire at a few targets and only miss a few bullets.

"YES!" I yell, throwing my hands up. Octane chuckles at this.

"Not half bad aim amiga." He says.

"Thanks." I reply, fake dusting my shoulders. I chuckle.

"Wanna run the obstical course? It makes the things that we have to do in the games easier." He says, gesturing to a separate room.

I nod. If it would make any part of this whole thing easier, then hell yes.

Entering the room, I see a track layed out with obsticals layed out thruout it.

"Ready, set, go!" Octane yells. We are both off, but octane takes the lead.

First, we have to jump over a low wall. I pass this with ease, but the next, we had to climb over a pretty tall wall.

I jump up, grabbing the top of the building and pulling myself up. As I let myself drop to move on with the course, I see octane already passing the next obstical. God damn it, I would have to be faster.

I slide under a wall and weave in between twists and bends, ducking from cover to cover. Eventually, I complete the full track, only to see octane waiting for me.

"Nice first time, amiga." He says.

"Thanks. Your hella fast." I reply to him. He chuckles.

"Thanks." He says.

"HEy guYs!" I hear Elliot say.

"Hey Elliot." I say as he walks to the start of the track. He begins to run the track, doing great until the slide, where she hits his head on the low wall.

*THUNK*

"Oww." I hear him say.

I wheeze and try to hold in my laughter.

"Are you alright?" I say as octane is rolling on the ground with laughter.

"Yeah im fine. God damn wall." He states, seeming to glare at the wall.

I chuckle, but eventually, I calm down. Elliot walks over too us and puts his hands on his hips.

"We should all go out for pork chops. My treat." He says before passing out.

"Thats probablynot good, is it?" Octane asks me.

"Yeah I would assume not." I reply.

I walk out to the counter and tell the receptionist what happened, and she calls a nurse and the apex HQ.

I ssigh and go to leave the building. God, I think enough was enough for today. With everything that happened today, I feel utterly exhausted, both physically and emotionally.

Apex provided an apartment that was nearby both the shooting range and the apex headquarters.

Iaking the adress out, I decide to walk back to my New 'home'.

As I walk along the streets, everything I see is huge and light up. Its nothing like the poverty ridden homes and shops of my old town. God, things really are different here. I wonder if my mother is doing all right.

Well, I guess tomorrow I could send them a letter.

Note:

Thank you all so much for reading! I never really expected this to do as well as it is, so I'm very glad! Thank you all for voting amd reading the chapters I put on.

Until next time, the author.