Part 10- Tragedy Can Bring Love

As I begin to wake up, I can already feel my heart ache. I cant beleive it was true. She was really gone. I feel so bad for hanging up on my dad like that last night, but I just couldnt contain myself any more. It felt like my insides shattered.

I begin to open my eyes and notice my surroundings. I had Octavio cuddling me from behind, and his warmth made me feel more comfortable. God, I cant beleive I made him come down here. He was probably about to go to bed.

Nevertheless, the feeling of being hugged and touched made me feel a bit better. Last night I dreamed about her. My mother.

We were together again and everything was fine. We were on a beautiful planet with lots of green, where we didnt need those awful nose filters. We were just spending time together, and that made me happy while I was there. Sometimes these dreams of happiness make you feel even worse.

I listen to the steady breathing of Octavio and try to keep myself from crying. I dont want to look like an idiot. He stirs and I try to remain quiet to let him sleep. Not being able to help it, I let a singular teat slide down my face, only for it to be wiped away.

"I know how you feel. I know how it feels to lose someone you love, and I'm so sorry you have to experience it." I hear him say quietly. I take a feel breath.

"Thank you." I say.

"For What?" He responds as he removes his arms from arround me, propping himself up on his elbow.

"For coming over, for comforting me. It really means alot." I say as I turn to face him.

"Its no problem at all- I know how hard it is to deal with. I just dont want you to be too upset." He says.

He gets up and heads to the door.

"You stay in bed, I'm getting breakfast." He says while putting on his coat.

"You don't have too Octavio." I say in I pleading tone. I dont want him to spend his own money on me. I just won, I should be able to pay for things myself.

"I know I dont have too. I want too." He says with a smirk. My heart melts and I watch him leave.

I lay back down. He is so sweet. How did someone like me end up with someone like him liking me? I guess I'll never know.

I try not to cry as I think about my mother. I would have to confront my issues or they would never go away. I have to think about her and probably talk about her to bring closure. It wouldnt be easy, but I would have to do it.

After about ten minutes, Octavio returns with two foam carry out boxes.

He walks over to me and sits down beside me, handing me one of the boxes.

"Thank you Octavio. You are amazing." I say with a warm smile. He smirks back as we eat.

"Tell me about your mother. Were you close?" He asks. I think of her again and my face drops.

"She.. She was amazing. The best. We both loved each other. Before she got sick, we would do everything together." I feel a tear slide down my face and a hand on my cheek.

"Dont worry, it will all be okay. You dont have to talk right now if you dont want to," he says, wiping away the tear with his thumb.

"Its okay, I know I eventually have to talk about her. Might as well be now." I reply. I look into his eyes and see genuine care.

"Your amazing, you know that? Your very strong, and you will get through this, but if you ever need anything, dont be afraid to come to me, okay? I'll alwase be here for you." He says. My heart melts and I get butterflies in my stomach. I think I might love this man.

"You have no idea how much this means to me. Your amazing." I say as I hug him, he returns the hug and smiles.

We pull away from each other and I look into his eyes. I see him glance down to my lips, and he slowly leans in, so I do the same. I close my eyes as we get closer. Only a small distance apart, I feel the gap between us close, the butterflies in my stomach going crazy. He had soft lips, and he was gental.

We pull away from each other and my face turns a crimson red.

"So I guess this means...." I say, trailing off towards the end.

"Yeah, I guess it does." He says back.

This was not how I imagined my first kiss would go, but I'm deffinatly not upset by it. It seemed magical, almost unreal.

We each finish our breakfast and throw away the foam containers.

"I think I need to call back my dad. I sort if hung up on him last night. I didnt want him to hear me cry." I say, ashamedly.

"Im sure he will understand. Dont worry about it." He says, putting his hand on top of mine.

I grab my phone and dial his number, and wait while it rings.

After about three rings he picks up.

"Hello?" He asks.

"Hey dad. Im so sorry about last night, I just didnt know how to respond and I didnt want to hear my cry." I feel myself choking up again and Octavio rubs my back.

"Its okay, hermosa." He says quietly.

"Dont worry about it sweets. Is someone there with you?I thought I heard someone."

"Yeah, im with Octavio. The man with the robotic legs from the Apex Games." I say.

"Oh, that one? Are you guys friends? Can I talk to him?" He asks all at once.

"Uh, sure. Hold on a second, I'll put you on speaker."

I put my father on speaker.

"He wanted to talk to you Octavio."

"Hello? Can you guys hear me?" I hear my father say.

"Yeah, we can hear you dad."

"Good, now, Octavio, thank you for being there for my daughter. It means alot. Oh, sweets, I gotta go. Your mother's funeral is on Thursay if you can make it. I'll give you the address tomorrow." He says.

"Alright, bye dad."

"Adios, sir."

My dad hangs up. Well, for such a tragedy I think he is handeling it very well. I guess everything that came out of this wasnt bad.