Part 12- Homebound

I dont bother packing much into my bags, I know I will be coming back soon. My eyes sting from crying all night, but Octavio was by my side through it all.

He was in the shower right now and I just made breakfast. Octavio had been staying with me sense Saturday when this all had happened. Its Wednesday now. I just made some quick homefries and pancakes, nothing too fancy.

I hear the shower turn off as I think of my already packed bag. I have to buy more clothes. I dont think I actually have a dress. I dont really like wearing them, but its formal so I guess I have too.

A thought crosses my mind. How the fuck does Octavio shower? Are his robotic legs waterproof, or does he just hobble arround on the floor? I think I'll need to know. Okay, if I dont find out im not sure how I will sleep at night.

I chuckle to myself as I hear the bathroom door shut.

"Hey good looking, what are you making?" He asks as he kisses my cheek. My face flushes. I wasnt used to this at all, but it was a welcome change.

"Just some pancakes and home fries. Nothing sepcial." I say.

He sits down and checks his phone, responding to a few thirst tweets, shutting them down. I hear him sigh.

"Whats wrong?" I ask him. I look away from my cooking.

"Do you wanna go public with our relationship? I mean, a fair amount of people are already speculating but only a few of the legends really know. Its fine if you dont want to." He says. I think about it a little. I really didnt care, but I didnt want to cause problems. I doubt it really would though.

"I mean, I dont care either way." I respond.

He nods.

"Well, I'm going to make a tweet or something. I have a few pictures of us that I could use, so we do t have to take one."

I nod as I finish up with the cooking. As we eat the food, we talk about my mother's funeral. I had agreed to having him come with me. I really didnt want to be alone. I know my father would be there, but it just wasnt the same.

"So, what time are we leaving?" He asks.

"We leave in arround an hour. Once we finish with breakfast we are going to have to go." I respond. He nods.

"Hey, are we going to be staying in your home or a hotel or something?" He asks.

"We will probably stay in a hotel. It Will be closer to the cemetery where my mother will be buried." I had A pretty cozy home, it was nothing big or grand but it was big enough for my family of three. Well, two now I guess. It just wasnt in a great part of town.

He nods and we pick up after our selves. He washes the dishes while I finish getting my bags together. God, he has been such a help to me lately, I dont know how I would have gotten through this without him.

The entire ride to the airport was pretty uneventful, but once we got there it was pretty busy. People shouting everywhere as we made our way to the flight.

Once we borded the flight attendent gave her whole speech about safety, but I didnt really listen.

"Hey, hermosa, how long was the flight again?" I hear octane ask. He was in the seat to the left of me. Not many people were on other than us.

"Arround two hours." I say. He nods and grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers.

I smile and blush at the contact. Gosh, I really wasnt used to this at all. I still loved it though. I loved it alot. So much that I fpund myself longing for it.

"Hey Octavio?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you love me? I'm an absolute wreck."

He chuckles.

"Your beautiful, caring, awkward and its so cute." He says. "Being arround you just makes me so much happier."

I feel like my feet were about to fall asleep because of how much blood ran to my face.

He seems to notice this and pokes my cheek.

"See What I mean? Adorable!" He says with a chuckle. I chuckle and lay my head on his shoulder. I feel the engines start and my body stiffens, and I feel anxiety fill the bottom of my stomach.

"You okay hermosa?" Octavio asks as he looks to me.

"Yeah. I just dont like flying in these. They suck." I say. "They aren't that bad, I just dont like them."

"That's understandable." He says.

As we take off, I try not to act afraid, but I still tightly grip the seat and hold my breath.

As soon as we break through the atmosphere, my stomach settles and I calm myself back down.

"Smooth sailing from here on hermosa. I'm just bored." Octavio says. After a while of playing rock-paper-scissors, he took off one of his legs and began tampering with it, reminding me of my question that I needed to know. I laugh.

"What?" He asks with a questioning look.

"Okay, your gonna think this is weird, so you have to promise not to judge me." I say through laughter.

"Uuh.. Okay?" He unsurley responds.

"When you take a shower-"

"Oh god."

"Do you have to take the legs off or are they waterproof? Like the image of you just hobbling arround and slipping in the shower is hilarious to me." I say while cackling.

He looked at me with such bewilderment, which just made me laugh even more, before his face turned into a smirk- oh god I'm done for.

"I guess later your just gonna have to find out." He says while winking.

My eyes go wide and I laugh even harder while blood rushes to my face. He laughes as well.

"But in all seriousness, how the fuck do you even think of a question like that?" He asks.

I shrug and wipe a tear from my eye.

"I'm not even sure. It just popped into my head and I would have died if I didnt know."

"Okay, sense you asked me that question, I am going to ask you one too."

Oh fuck.

"Hmm, let me think for a second.."

Oh shit. Oh fuck. I didnt expect to die like this. Allfather save my soul.

"So do you get uncomfortable sleeping on your stomach? I mean, youve got a large pair of tits there so wouldnt it get a bit uncomfortable?"

I wheeze.