Part 8- My First Game And Confession

After Octavio and I left his house, we headed strait to the main apex building.

Right now, I find myself,hooked to many wires and machines, while my agent explains everything to me.

"If you die in the arena, you womt die in real life, so dont be scared about that. Your match rank will be judged by your survival time, placement and ammount of kills you get." She says.

I nod, only half listening. I can do this. I can do this.

"All ready! Now, just close your eyes and relax, the conscious transfer will begin shortly."

My heart beats heavily and I take a deep breath. I can do this. I need to do this.

If I can't, my mother will die.

I open my eyes and find myself sitting on a drop ship with all the other legends.

I look next to me and see my squad. Octavio smiles at me and waves.

"How was your first transfer?" He asks.

"I guess it went alright, but I wouldnt really know." I say with a chuckle.

"Okay, I'm thinking because it's (y/n)'s first time, we should land in slums." Gibralter says. I nod, feeling kind of intimidated by skull town.

"Hey, good luck!" I hear Elliott say as he jumps out with Bloodhound and Wraith.

I take a deep breath and think of why I'm here. My mother. I close my eyes, thinking of her, and how it used to be when I was little. I smile at the memory. It would be like that again soon, it has to be.

I open my eyes and go to the edge of the drop ship, and scan where we are. We are now heading to slums.

I notice this and tell Gibralter.

We get ready to jump out, but before we do, Octavio grabs my arm.

"You will do great amiga. Dont worry about it." He says with a sweet smile. My stomach is filled with butterflies again.

"Lets go!" Gibralter says, motioning for us to follow him.

We jump from the drop ship and glide through the air, bobbing up and down in order to get more momentum.

We land, and I run into a building to try to get a gun.

After we finished looting up, I had an R301 and a peacekeeper, with level two armor.

Octane chuckles and flexes his R99, G7 and level 3 armor.

"PESANTS" Gibralter booms, flexing even harder at his longbow, alternator with disruptor rounds and level four shields.

I roll my eyes and chuckle.

"We should probably head to the ring, I dont wanna die to that my first time." I say.

"Yeah, lets go amiga." He says while throwing down device. It expands into a jump pad and I stare at it amazed.

He grabs my hand, turning my face red.

He runs to the device, with me in tow. As soon as we stepped on it we were launched high into the air, making me yelp in surprise.

As we land, I stumble and nearpy fall, but Octavio steadies me before I do.

"Haha, dont worry chica, I did that my first time using it too." He says with a chuckle.

My face goes red and we start jogging to the ring.

Once we reach the ring we go into a house to wait for Gibraltar.

I sit on a counter in the house and check the map. God damn, how slow was that fat ass? Still on his way ugh.