Part 2- Meeting The Legends

"Its time to meet your fellow legends!" The lady says.

I feel my heart soar. What will they be like? We walk through the halls of the giant building and I let my mind wander.

My favorite legend right now from watching the games happened to be a tie between Caustic and Gibralter. Octane was a close second.

We stop in front of a large door and she gestures to it.

I slowly open the door to find sort of a lounge area. I saw all of the Apex Legends standing before me. I felt really awkward and didn't really know what to say.

My agent turns and leaves. I walk into the room and introduce myself.

"My name is (y/n)." I say shyly. I'm not used to having to introduce myself to important people that actually will have an impression on my life. Usually the more important people I would meet were people I had to beat the shit out of and never see again.

One of the legends walks over to me and puts out his hand.

I shake his hand as he says, "I'm Elliot. Nice to meet you, newbie."

I roll my eyes at the nickname and smirk. He is deffinatly a class clown type of person.

He motions to a grumpy looking man sitting on his own.

"That right there is Alex. He is kinda a piece of shit." He says with a smirk.

I nearly laugh but Alex gives Elliot a death glare so I keep quiet. Alex seems strangely familiar, but I dont mention anything.

Next he introduces me to Ajay. She was like a polar opposite of Alex. She was pretty laid back and really nice. Her Jamaican accent was pretty cool too.

The next girl I am introduced to is Wraith. Just Wraith. Huh, thats kinda odd. She was alright though.

Next I met Natalie. It was sort of hard to understand her through her thick French accent and she was deffinatly really smart. She has good intentions, but I just dont seem to like her much. I keep a smile on my face anyway.

Next I meet Anita. Her world was combat ridden and full of grief. I could relate to her. We will deffinatly get along nicely. We have a short conversation before I head to meet the next person.

Elliot takes me to a MRVN bot. I was a little confused at first before realizing that this was pathfinder. He was sort of creepy, but seemed to be nice. He seemed to only ever be happy. It was kinda weird. Hey, what can you expect from a robot?

Elliot takes me to a rather large man and a man he was talking too. His large and booming laugh seemed to vibrate the whole room. He seemed like a fun person, so I feel like we will get along alright.

Next to him was Bloodhound. They seemed kind of eerie at first, but as soon as I heard their voice all fears washed away. I like their accent. They are still a little spooky though.

Finally, Elliot leads me to a man who had robotic legs. This must be Octane.

"Hola amiga. Im Octavio, nice to meet you." He says in a thick accent as he bounces his leg.

"Hey. My name is (y/n)." I shake his hand and nod.

"So, you excited for your first Apex Games match?" Elliot asks me.

"Oh yeah." I say while fidgeting with my hands. I never know WHAT to do with them.

Truth be told, im actually quite nervous. I mean, who wouldnt be. Your literally fighting to the death for points, money and popularity. I know ive got a good number of folks at home who will bw rooting for me, but I also know that there is a giod number of people who wish only to see my die.

I look arround the room I am in and study all of the faces. They all seem to get along pretty well for having to kill each other almost weekly.

I head over to Gibraltar who seemed to be one of the friendliest people here.

"Hey brudah, how did the ride treat ya?" He says in his loud voice.

"Well, I guess it was all right. I'm not that big of a fan, but its bearable." I say, admitting my hatred of the ride. Thinking about it more, it became much more clear hoe much I hated it.

"Not the biggest fan of Space travel, huh? Well, dont worry about that. Neither am I." He says with a chuckle.

I switch my attention over to caustic. He seemed to be sulking in the corner. I walk towards him and he huffs.

"Hey." I say to him. He looks up in annoyance but studies my face for a moment.

"What?" He says.

"Just wanted to say hi, I guess." I say as I turn to leave.

I go to sit on the couch in the lounge, not really knowing what to do now. I'm not that great in social situations, so most of the time I just mind my own buissiness at social gatherings.

I see Octane sit on the couch nest to me out of the corner of my eye. I fiddle with the sleaves of my shirt.

"Hey, amiga." He says. I turn to him and give him a friendly smile.

"Hi." I reply. I dont realy know what I should say as of now, because all the wuestions I have are kinda weird.

"Did they tell you who your first squad will be? They havent released papers for us yet." He asks.

I nod, grabbing the paper from my back pocket, skimming through the letter trying to find the team compositions.

"So, it looks like I'm on your and Gibralter's team." I say.

"Sick." He says, "Just make sure I dont have to carry you."

I chuckle.

"I cant make any promises."