Chapter 37

[Season 3B]

I've been spending my nights between my place at Scott's and Stiles'. Tonight is a Stiles night.

Stiles wakes up screaming and his dad rushes in. Sheriff glances to me as I'm holding Stiles. "What happened?"

"I--I don't know. He just started screaming. I can't calm him."

Sheriff Stilinski pulls Stiles from my grasp and holds him tightly as he screams. He brushes his son's hair back. "Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. It's okay. You're okay."

Later that morning, Sheriff Stilinski knocks on the door. "Hey. You alright? You ready for school? Megara, did you sleep?

"Nah, I wanted to make sure Stiles was okay." I say with a smile to him.

Stiles nods. "Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Dad, seriously, I'm fine. It was just a nightmare. What's that?"

I notice the sheriff holding a box. He answers, "That's just, uh, files from the office."

Stiles frowns at the words. "It says "Sheriff's station, do not remove."

Sheriff Stilinski nods slowly. "Well, yeah, unless you're the Sheriff."

"Oh." Stiles says.

"Now get your butts to school."

Stiles glances at me. "Orange and blue. Hey! Isn't that my shirt?"

"Yeah. It's your Mets colored shirt. You don't mind me wearing it, do you?"

"Not at all. It looks better on you than it does me." He says, pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

At school, Stiles and I look at Scott worriedly. Stiles tries to calm his friend down. "Hey. Hey, you alright? You don't look alright, Scott."

He nods. "I'm okay."

I shake my head. "No, Scott, you're not. It's happening to you as well, isn't it? You're seeing things, aren't you?"

Scott frowns at me. "How'd you know?"

I point to Stiles as Lydia says, "Because it's happening to all three of you. Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one."

Allison frowns. "We're not crazy."

"Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? Yeah, you guys are fine." She answers sarcastically.

"We did die and come back to life. That's gotta have some side effects, right?" Scott reasons.

The bell rings and Stiles looks to us. "We keep an eye on each other. Okay? And Lydia, stop enjoying this so much."

Lydia shoots me an innocent look as she asks, "What?"

I shift my backpack as I want into history; the one subject I actually enjoy. The teacher walks in and smiles. "Good morning, everyone. My name is Mr. Yukimura. I'll be taking over for your previous History teacher. My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira. Or you might not since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought a friend home for that matter."

I make a mental note to befriend Kira. She seems like she might be a cool person. Kira slams her head on her desk and Scott smiles at her.

Mr. Yukimura sighs. "Either way, there she is. Now, let's begin with American History at the turn of the 20th century."

Scott and I walk up to Stiles who is at his locker. "Maybe we need a little time to get back to normal."

Stiles returns, "Yeah, try not to forget we hit the reset button on a supernatural beacon for supernatural creatures. There's a pretty good chance things are never going back to normal."