Insult

MILES  POV

Annoyed, the girls are here so early, and I noticed Kia's upset with them being here. I think it's the way they talk about her as if she's not in the room. I know Kia can take care of herself and I noticed how it hurt her, with the girls mentioning about her having leukaemia.

I'm sitting on the edge of the sofa and my legs are slightly apart with my hands clasped and my body lent forward. Tyrone and the others finished breakfast and are now sitting in the lounge with us. Kia got up and walked to the kitchen and cleaned up.

"Miles, I see you got your wife well trained. That's where she belongs," Cynthia says.

"My Wife as a name and it's Kia," I say through gritted teeth. I knew Kia was listening to them and she will blow and when she does, they will not like it.

These girls have never done a day's work and I know their parents are trying to find suitable husbands with money.

I had one summer fling with Cynthia, and she thinks she can talk to me however she wants. She also thought I was going to go back out with her. Not a fucking chance. I tried to get rid of her the first time we had a fling and she kept coming back.

"Miles, that doesn't matter. Do you remember when we all had that sleepover and I had to sleep in Miles's room?" Cynthia says and looks over towards the kitchen.

I'm about to stand when she put her hand on mine and she smiled. Tyrone recognised the expression on my face. Stand and walk towards the kitchen to help Kia.

Kia is cleaning the table, and I placed the dishes in the dishwasher. Kiss Kia and she smiled, but it's not her shiny smile. This is the upset smile.

"Iris, do you remember the night we stayed?" Cynthia said loud enough for us to hear it in the kitchen.

"It was a good night," Iris says.

Kia finished making sure the kitchen is spotless and her phone rings. She rolls her eyes.

"It's my office," She says.

"Just take it," I'm annoyed, but this is her office her business she started twelve months ago.

"Oh, Miles, you unfortunate thing. The wife works," Cynthia says, and I roll my eyes.

"Cynthia, you can be a bitch sometimes," Ross said and stands to walk to the kitchen. Looked at him and he looked pissed.

"I was only just saying," Cynthia says.

********

KIA POV

I had enough of these girls slide remarks. Glanced at Miles and he rubs his face. Still on the phone sorting out the contracts and what is owed to my company.

Walked into the lounge on my phone and Miles stood with Ross. The girls were now taking up the sofa. Tyrone and Jax were sitting on the corner sofa.

Paced the lounge talking on my phone and I eyeballed the girls and smirked. Miles looks at me and shakes his head.

"Isaac, get a pen and write this down. Mr Jennings twenty million for the condo and thirty million for the mall. That's owed to me. I need you to make sure it goes into KW account," I said and glance at everyone. The girls sit up with wide eyes and Miles is smirking.

"Kia, what about Mrs Hardgreeves?" Isaac asks.

"Now this is a little more complexed I will give you four figures and I need you to check they have gone straight into my account. One-hundred and five-million. twenty-two-million. Fifty million and last sixty-six million. If you can please send me a text to let me know. Thank you, Isaac," I hang up and Miles looks at me.