Bad Luck

KIA    POV

It's been a couple days since Miles I had had make up sex... I am now sitting at the kitchen table drinking my juice and having breakfast... My phone rings and I look at it... My office... No one else is up yet...

"Yes". I say...

"We have the final figure of how much the damage was". Mr Doyle tells me.

"How bad was it and what is the insurance company going to do?". I asked and sipped my juice...

"Kia I'm afraid you got to pay for it yourself the company above your office didn't have any insurance"... He informs me...

"You are fucking kidding me". I screamed and took a deep breath... My scream echoed through the cabin...

"The damage is going to cost millions"... Mr Doyle says... I stood up and started to pace the kitchen...

"Millions... That would be like starting all over again". I started to cry with anger... Nothing never runs smooth for me... I am a total jinx... I am fucked.

"Yes, you would have to start from scratch". He sounds so remorseful...

"I can't do that I will just have to sell up and do something else". I was furious with what was happening but yet again lady luck fucked me over... I walk into the lounge and sit on the sofa and bow my head and put my face in my spare hand and I am crying all that I worked for is gone... I know I got the money to sort the damage out, but it will take a substantial chunk of money......

"Kia I'm sorry... Contact me later and let me know what you want to do". My lawyer says...

"Get the company valued and I'll have to sell".

"I will get back to you by the end of the day". I hang up and fling my phone across the room and Miles looks at me and so do the guys... I did not even hear them come down the stairs...

"Kia what's wrong?". Miles asks and stands behind the sofa...

"The fucking company on the floor above my company did not have insurance... It's going to cost me millions and I would have to start all over again". I say and sit down with my hands over my face...

"Kia stop stressing out it's not good for you and the baby". Miles says and walks towards me...

"I'm not stressed this is my normal self can't you tell". I say and stand up and walk towards the front door...

"Where are you going?". Miles asks...

"I need fresh air and to cool down". I shout and walk out the door and slam it closed...

All my fucking hard work gone what was the fucking point... I'm a failure my stepdad was right all along I'm a waste... Get my head out of the clouds it was fun for a while and now I'm back to square one and only this time I have a baby to think about...

Why is it my life is just full of bad shit... What did I ever do to anyone? I feel myself being in a bad place again...

"Kia your lawyers on the phone". Miles shouts down to me... I walk back to the cabin and take my phone...

"Mr Doyle". I was upset...

"Kia we've gone over the figures and by the time the company is sold, and you got the contractors to pay plus your employees you will not be left with much". He says... I could hear how bad it was in his voice...

"Just tell me". I say and bury my face in my hand...

"You might just be able to scratch with a million and you'll still have your house". I could hear the sorrow in his voice...