#2 Newt Imagine

Serenade Her

Newt was very busy lately. Making sure the greenie, Thomas, stayed in the maze and checking up on girl-in-a-coma, Teresa, you barely ever see the second in command but when you do, he's always saying that he'll make it up to you.

-

You watch the maze walls close as you make your way to the picnic table where Chuck was sitting.

"Hey Chuck," you say, taking a seat across from him.

"Hey," he smiles.

Silence came after, both of you not knowing what to say.

Suddenly, you felt a pair of arms snaking their way around my waist. You turned to see Newt's face leaning on your shoulder.

"Hey love," he whispers as he kisses your cheek.

"Hey."

"Meet me at our tree, yeah?" he says, unwrapping his arms around you and standing up.

"Wait, where are you going?" You ask, facing him.

I still need to do something, Albys orders," he responds. "After dinner, meet me at our tree, okay?"

"I will," You reply, turning away from him. You sigh as you began to pick at your food.

"Hey guys." You look up to see a grinning Thomas and Minho.

"Hey, how was running?" You ask, smiling.

The two boys look at you with sympathetic eyes, both seeing through your smile.

"It's Newt isn't it," Thomas asks.

"Yeah he's just been distant lately."

"Well, yeah he has been busy," Minho says, forking a piece of Frypans bacon and eating it.

"Yeah."

The rest of the dinner involved very long, comfortable silences with Chuck always breaking it talking about his experiences of being a Slopper.

Soon dinner was over and everyone separated to their rooms. You start for the deadheads but stop in your tracks when you hear a familiar voice.

"Hey, [Y/N] have a blast," Minho shouts, a smirk on his face.

You open your mouth to ask what he meant but close it as he waves you off.

You shrug it off, turning around, walking towards the deadheads.

You make your way to Newt's and your tree still thinking of what Minho said. Have a blast. What was I going to be doing?

Your eyes widen once you arrived at your tree. The ground was lit by bright, little candles and roses. You suddenly heard a strum of a guitar, making your head shoot up.

There you see Newt, his hair slicked back, holding a guitar. He starts to play a tune and begins to sing.

"I think you're perfect baby even with your flaws,

You ask what I like about you

Oh, I love it all,

You're all I ever need,

Baby you're amazing,

Your my angel, come and save me,

You're all I ever need,

Baby you're amazing,

You're my angel, come and save me."

He strums a final chord before putting down his guitar. You watch as he grabs something from behind a tree.

He walks towards you, a bouquet of flowers and a big teddy bear in his hands.

"I'm sorry I've been busy lately and I haven't spent any time with you. It's just been so hard and I couldn't fit any time. It hurts seeing you during the day and not being able to hug you or twirl you around and kiss you. You're always the only thing in my mind," Newt says, giving you the flowers and bear.

"Aw, Newt," you say, hugging him, a tear rolling down your cheek.

"Well, you're always the only thing in my mind other than the work I need to do," Newt mumbles into your neck.

You slap him playfully on the back. "Way to ruin my heartfelt moment," you laugh as you pull away from him.

"Just asking, where did you get all of this?" You ask, motioning to the bear, flowers and candles.

"Oh, I asked Gally to make you the bear, I picked the flowers from Zart, and I asked for everything else in the box, including these," Newt replies with a smile, holding up three DVDs.

You gasp as you saw your favorite among them. "The Maze Runner!"

He quickly placed the movie in the projector, pulling down the screen, which was supported by trees.

You sat on a mat and beanbag which Newt took from behind a tree.

"How many things are you hiding from me behind trees, Newt?" You ask with a laugh.

"That's everything," Newt stated, taking a seat next to you.

You grin as you tried to ruffle his hair. "Newt?"

"Yeah," he replies, eyes glued to the screen.

"How much hair gel did you put?" I ask, poking at his rock hard hair.

A blush rose on his cheeks. "Ugh, Minho helped me put the gel on but ended up pouring a little too much."

You giggle as you kiss his cheek, cuddling up next to him as the movie started.