Trip To Australia (Pt. 2)

Life With The Gladers: Trip Down Under (Pt. 2)

"What do you mean you didn't bring any money?" I ask, outraged.

We eventually arrived at our destination, a run down motel in the middle of nowhere.

I swear it looked better in the brochure.

Before we left for Australia, we were all given our own little part in making this trip the best. Newt and I were in charge of all the food and things such as clothes, toothbrushes, girl appliances, etc. Thomas was in charge of the weekly timetable, where we were visiting, staying and transport-including the flights to and from Australia while Minho was in charge of the money. I think Minho had the easiest job out of all of us.

But Minho being Minho, didn't do that job at all.

"I do have money, just not Australian," Minho shot back, mumbling the last part.

"Same thing!"

"Bloody hell Minho, you had one job," Newt sighed, walking back and forth, rubbing his top lip, his eyebrows scrunched up in concentration.

Talk about hot.

I quickly shook my head removing the thought as I put my attention on something more important.

I bit my lip as I stared at the darkening sky nervously.

"Don't worry guys, we survived Minho's reckless singing while driving. I'm sure we can survive this situation," Thomas says trying to lighten up the mood.

Typical Thomas

"Um, guys," I say, trying to catch their attention, my eyes still glued to the clouds beginning to form and get bigger.

"Hey, you were singing too!" Minho argues to Thomas.

"But you were dri-"

"Guys-" I start.

"Thomas, how can we not worry? We're in the middle of the bloody outback with no money. Our food is now bloody limited, our rented range rover might have run out of petrol. What else have you got world? Throw it at us!" Newt shouts, throwing his hands in the air, clearly annoyed.

Pitter, patter. Pitter, patter.

"What the shuck..?" Thomas says, holding his hand out to feel the falling droplets.

"I thought it barely rained in Australia?" Minho asks, getting up and going towards our car. "It was summer in America, why the shuck is it raining?"

"Because it's winter here, you slinthead," I smack the back of his head.

"Newt, you shucking jinxed us!" Minho yells at him, ignoring me.

"Everyone in the car!" Thomas shouts as the rain gets harder. We all ran away from the motel porch and towards our car.

"Well, what a splendid holiday this will be," I mutter, sarcasm laced in my voice as I sit next to Newt in the car.

"Hey, don't think so down. You still have me," he sent a cheeky grin my way, making a smile of my own form on my face.

Thomas hoped into the passenger seat as Minho sat on the driver's seat.

"So, what are we going to do?" Minho asks as Thomas rummages through his pockets.

"Hey, Thomas. What are you doing?" I ask, ignoring Minho.

Thomas suddenly pulls out his Visa Debit card. "Do you think they accept Visa?"

"Is that even a question? Visa is accepted in more than 24 million locations worldwide!" Minho exclaims. "Why didn't I think of this?" He pulls out his own Visa card.

"Well, if we can use it depends if they have a swiper thing," Newt says. "And we're at a motel in the middle of the outback."

"Don't be such a downer, Newt," I tell him, taking my Visa card out. "Minho? Can you drive closer to the motel so we don't have to run through the rain?"

"Sure, [Y/N]," he replies as he revs the engine and drives the car nearer.

Once we were closer, I hop out and walk towards the motel door, Newt, Thomas and Minho following close behind me.

"Hello!" I chirped, entering the motel.

"Ugh, you kids again. I already said, no money, no pay, no rent," the motel owner says, annoyed.

"Aha, don't worry, sir. We have money. Do you accept Visa?" Newt says, trotting next to me.

"Fortunately, I got this thing installed just last week," the man says, holding up a card swiper.

"Yes!" All of us said at the same time as we run to the front desk.

Maybe this holiday won't be as bad as I thought.

AN:

Alleluia! It's here aha. It took shucking years for me to write part two. I proof read it and I was like 'they waited like three years for this?' But here it is and I hope you like it :)

Keiko ☁︎