#5 Newt Imagine

Safe

It's been two months since you escaped the maze. You're now living in an apartment with your boyfriend, Newt. Your brother, Minho, living in the room to the right and Thomas and Teresa in the room to your left.

-

You bite your lip as you peer out your window. Grey clouds have started to form, getting bigger and darker with every coming minute. Suddenly, Newt's ringtone blasts from your phone. You sigh in relief.

"Newt, are you nearly here?" You ask him, crossing your fingers desperately.

"Nearly, just stuck in the bloody traffic. How you holding up?" He says, concern laced in his voice.

You weren't a fan of storms. The loud booming sound of thunder reminds you too much of the walls of the maze closing every night and changing in the Glade. The bright strikes of lighting rousing horrible memories in the Scorch.

Newt knew your fear of storms and always tried his best to get back from work as early as he can when a storm is forecasted.

"I'm doing okay," you reply, not really that confident.

"Don't worry love, I'll get there before the storm, okay?"

"Okay."

[Please, don't mention tfios]

"I love you, [Y/N]."

"Love you too," you say as you end the call.

Newt's POV

A thunderous growl erupted from the sky as small water droplets fall, getting harder every coming second.

A flash of thunder crosses the sky and you start to worry. You switch on the windshield wipers as the rain falls hard on your car.

"Shuck."

Worry built up inside you during the drive home and once you arrived, you parked the car and quickly went to your apartment.

You unlock the door, cringing as thunder strikes again.

"[Y/N]!" You call out, scanning your empty apartment.

Hearing no answer, you walk into the bedroom. You see the bathroom door closed, its lights turned on.

You slowly walk towards the bathroom door, knocking quietly. "[Y/N]?"

You hear a sniffle before the door swings open, revealing [Y/N], tears running down her face, a blanket around her shoulders.

Once her eyes meet yours, she jumps into your arms and you embrace her shaking figure.

Your POV

"Newt," you mumble, nuzzling your face into his neck, sniffling.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here now," Newt comforts, his arms tightening around you.

He pulls away after a while, wiping your remaining tears dry.

"How 'bout a movie?" He asks, smiling.

His smile was so contagious, you find a smile forming on your face.

"Okay," you say softly. He takes your hand and leads you out of the bathroom and into the lounge room.

He releases your hand to turn on the television, placing your favourite movie in the player.

You take a seat at the couch, shaking as thunder strikes again. Newt quickly exits the room, running back a few minutes later, changed into a t-shirt and comfy pants, a bowl of popcorn in his hands along with a couple of blankets.

He takes a seat next to you, spreading the blankets over both of you before pressing play.

"It's okay. You're safe now," he whispers, wrapping his arms around you tightly.

As the movie flickered to a start, you snuggle closer to his warm figure. The volume of the movie blocking the noise of the storm, making your thoughts and fear of it go away.

I know I am.

-

A/N:

I'm really disappointed in this imagine. I had something all cute and fluffy written and it deleted and I forgot it. Damn it. But I tried my best to remember and I hope it's okay :)

If you don't get the last bit, the whole 'I know I am' is your answer to when Newt says that your safe.