#8 Newt Imagine

Carnival Catastrophe

Your POV

"Newt, can we go on the Ferris wheel?" I ask, slurping on my slushy while hugging the stuffed giraffe Newt won me closer to my body.

"I don't know, [Y/N]," Newt trails off.

"Please," I begged. "I rode on that stupid, scary underground roller-coaster with you."

"But you said you enjoyed it!" He blurts.

"I was lying," I say. "But who said you weren't going to enjoy this ride?"

Newt sighed as he nods defeatedly. "Come on."

A smile forms on my face as I take his hand, intwining my fingers with his and drag him towards the Ferris wheel. Newt laughs as I get all giddy and excited.

"I can't believe I'm actually going to go on a Ferris wheel," I say, grinning.

"You haven't been on a Ferris wheel before?" Newt asks, a look of surprise on his face.

"No, I don't think so. I don't remember, you know...WICKED.." I trail off, not wanting to talk about the topic.

Newt sensed my dislike of the subject and quickly changed it. "You know how hard it was to get that stupid bloody giraffe?"

I laugh at his lame topic changer. "Hm, it did take you a couple of throws."

"That game is bloody rigged. I hit that shucking can but it didn't bloody fall," he exclaims, throwing his hands in the air.

"Come on Newt, just admit that you're weak," I say jokingly, throwing my empty slushy cup in the bin.

"Weak? I think you just pushed it too far, love," he says, a mischievous glint in his eyes. He suddenly wraps both his arms around my waist, lifting me into the air, throwing my body over his shoulder.

People around you began to stare as I squeal.

"Newt! Put me down now!" I shriek.

"No thanks. I'm quite enjoying my view," he laughs, shaking his head, looking at my backside. "I'm sure you're enjoying your view too, I mean, you're looking at my ass."

"Newt, the giraffe!"

I hit his back playfully, holding the giraffe tighter as it threatens to fall out of my grip to me.

He finally puts me down gently. I straighten up, taking in my surroundings to see that we were outside the line for the Ferris wheel.

I punched him lightly before falling in line.

-

The wait for the ride was short and filled with small talk and stolen kisses.

Soon enough, we were both in a cabin, the worker locking the small, bar door.

"Okay, keep all body parts in the cabin and enjoy the ride," he said, pulling on the tight lock before leaving.

I suddenly shriek, causing Newt to jump in surprise. "Bloody hell, [Y/N]!"

"Sorry," you smile sheepishly. "I can't believe I'm going to ride a Ferris wheel!"

"Yeah," he says, looking out the window, his knee bouncing as he rubbed his upper lip nervously.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask, concern laced in my voice as putting a hand on his knee.

The ride began to move, lifting our cabin higher and higher in the air.