Chapter 24

Eris

"Do any of you want to explain exactly why I have been summoned to discuss matters that I have not been assigned", I ask very slowly and with enough punch to make every single pompous counsel member flinch.

"Eris", one of them try to start.

"I am still your superior, you will address me properly", I demand. I do not like how loosely they have been skirting around matters these days.

"Your Highness", they bow their head and I nod for them to continue. "The Winds have asked we come to you with this foresight before addressing your father on the issue. After looking it over we can see the wisdom in that request."

"Who's foresight is it", I ask browsing loosely through the small stack of papers.

"All four experienced the vision together", another answer and I glance up at them. Disbelief curling in me.

"Does this vision regard me?", I ask.

"It is specifically for your betrothed. Our Darling of Dawning", the first adds and I do not like where this is going instantly.

I look down at the offending papers before me. Stacked neatly on top of one another and contained a mostly likely terrible scenario of the future where my Melona will be trialed. I don't want to read it, but I do.

I leave the counsel after only the first page. Making my way through the palace to the East tower. The path woven into my mind from all these years of seeking him out more then any other of the four. The one who told me the truth. Even when I don't want to hear it.

"Did you even get half way through reading it?", Zathrian hums as he stands at the edge of the pointed balcony in the direction of his part of the city and court beyond to keep guard. His eyes didn't even have to open in order to know it was me storming into his room like a roaring hurricane.

"I don't want to read a Caldron dammed paper. I want to hear it for myself. Now talk", I demand.

"I'm glade to see that I have chosen her well for you", Zathrian smiles as he pulls back the draping mist grey cloak from his head. His long wheat gold hair bound in a strand of leather. His brown eyes ancient in wisdom but light as a child's.

Just as foreword as one. Good Mother above, I have a type.

"Don't do that", I let out bitterly. "Don't go around trying to say you foresaw me falling for her or I sware - ."

"I didn't actually", he smiles with all the smugness of the real arse he is. "There are plenty of young ladies in good standing and in pure bred families. I merely suggested that perhaps this Court could use someone tender. . . and who has enough spunk to put you in your place."

"Enough of my life is controlled by other people, please, just let me have one thing in my life that I get to choose. Let me choose to love her", I beg. . . Slightly.

He moves from the window and into the personal quarter's of the East Wind. A title passed from one to the next with the Seer gift. Which is already rare enough, but Autumn seems to somehow bare the most. Still he's kept many items from the last Wind who served that lived here. Adding to the grandness of the room.

"Tell me of the Golden Lady as North has started to call her. He's quiet taken with her. I had to bind his with promise that he would not go to the High Lord on her account. I wanted you to be aware of the likely future before her, rather then Beron. It might be easier on her that way", he hums and takes up a spot on a lavish couch before a tea table. He gestures to the cushioned chairs for his guests.