Chapter 27

Melona

Eris had let go of my wrist as soon as Thesan had come to tackle me in a hug. It settled in my mind that Eris was not familiar with the foot falls and heart beats of my family. All he had known was that his father was bringing two strangers into his presences, and he had prepared to fight.

To defend me 

    I give Eris a small reassuring smile before laying my chin contently on my big brother’s shoulder, and breathing a sigh of relief.

   “I’ve missed you so much Mel”, Thesan gushes and tightens his grip until I am clean off the floor and breathing isn’t easy.

   “Missed you too Thes. So much. I wish my letters had gotten to you”, I mutter with distaste and give Beron a very slight glance of disapproval. Who was too busy engaged in discussion with my Father to give me any sort of attention.

   “That’s alright. Her Ladyship has given me frequent updates on your very breath”, he smiles but pulls away with a frown hardening his delicate features. “Where you really poisoned within your first week here?”

   I nod a bit. “Yes, but Eris saved me, and took very good care of me while recovering from it all. So you really don’t need to worry.”

   Thesan and Eris looked at each other. It was very unlike Thesan to be so guarded, but I suppose in this Court it is called for. He doesn’t know Eris as I do. He only knows the stories.

   Still, the way he blocked me from Eris view told me enough of how much Thesan trusted the male. Taking a defensive stance to protect his family. The only problem being that Eris now had an instinct to protect me as well.

   No matter how strong a family bond may be. There was something raw about the emotions and instincts for males to protect their females. To protect their faelings. Even if I am not pregnant, or will be for a long time. That sort of wanting is never easily uprooted.

   “She has been well looked after”, Eris jaw tightens as he steps to the side in order to keep me in his line of sight.

    “Of course”, Thesan hums in disbelief. Taking another step to block his view.

    Eris nostrils flared ever so slightly, and I was afraid that my brother was about to be strangled against the wall when I step out from behind Thesan and straight into Eris side. Glaring at my brother for purposefully trying to rile him up.

   You know better, I glare at him.

   He only shrugs as Eris hand slips around my waist and closes his eyes for a moment. Trying to regain himself.

   “You’re son has written to on the condition of my Ambassador. That his mind is ailing, and the sorts of memories spilling out of him may bring up some concerns. Especially concerning Melona’s Siring”, my father starts and Eris grip turns to iron.

   “I have not been aware of such things”, Beron drawls but sends a devastatingly terrifying glance in Eris direction.

   “I did not want to disturb you without asking for further information”, Eris says carefully.

   “I have brought along documents to provide you with peace of mind Beron. I have not deceived you in any way. Melona is my child”, my father explains as said record books appear on the table before us. “Yes, my wife and Tyren where mates. It was made official in the privacy of those two, myself, and a single priestess. Whom has written several statements, and is willing to make a verbal testimony in your presences if asked. Yes, I allowed to two to have their bedroom relationship in secret. Many outside the Dawn Court would not have understood my allowance of such a relationship. My wife had been utterly terrified since she is from this Court and not accustomed to our beliefs.