16: Savage

They had talked everything through.

After talking with Adam and eventually thanking him for all that he had done for her, Fiona's and her mom had driven home to talk more privately. It was an emotional Saturday to say the least, but Fiona felt they got to say what needed to be said. Now that everything was out in the open, it felt like a burden had fallen off of her shoulders.

That next Sunday morning, against all odds, Fiona's mom had let her go to the DanceDec after church, but now with a new 6 o'clock curfew. At least until her mom found a better way to ground her, she was allowed to see Adam and dance with him, after having explained what dancing meant to her now. Whether or not she would be allowed to go to her audition was still to be determined, though.

But as Fiona walked into the DanceDec that morning and greeted Rani and Kalo and Dimitri and some of the others with a smile and a wave, she realized... she almost didn't care if she couldn't go. The audition had been her goal for so long because she thought that's what she needed to do to honor her father. Now, after working with Adam for some time... she just wanted to dance every day, regardless of the end result in a week.

Walking inside their usual studio, Fiona's lips and mood automatically lifted as she saw Adam warming up on the floor. He was stretching out his hamstrings with a foam roller, but shot a look her way when she came in. His lips turned up in a smile as well and he got up to greet her. "Hey."

"Hi," Fiona let her bag dump down to the floor and tugged a loose curl behind her ear. She had kept her hair down today, but clipped back the front pieces for dancing.

Adam came up to her and looked her over. He couldn't stop smiling as he cupped her face a little and then moved a little closer. Fiona felt her heart flutter, and then felt her cheeks warm up too when he slowly moved down and kissed her gently.

"So, are you ready for another day?" He asked, carefully. After yesterday, she understood why he was being considerate.

"I am," She replied. All she wanted to do was dance with him, especially now when it seemed so much more important.

Adam grinned slowly, then nodded. "Let's get you warmed up then."

They very quickly got warmed up with a quick dynamic stretch and then moved on to what was planned. Adam wanted to go over a few of the steps that they had danced back at the club. They hadn't been all bad, but there was room for improvement.

"So when you move your upper body to the steps of a regular reggaeton, you want it to be an extension of what happens below the waist," He told and stood behind her. He laid his hands on her hips and slowly swayed them from side to side, then around in a circle. "So back, forward, and around in a circle."

"Okay," Fiona concentrated and tried to follow the movements his hands were trying to make her do, seeing him do the same moves right behind her so they followed along. It still sometimes felt weird doing moves she weren't used to doing, but she no longer felt embarrassed. Adam made her feel comfortable enough to do them without fear of feeling stupid.

"So you want to feel it, like this," He said and connected her rear with his right side. "It's a slow grind, but if it sits right, it's going to be great. Let's try it."

He turned on the music and then they both waited as the beat counted down. Fiona concentrated and then kicked into motion when Adam did.

Hand on her hips, he guided her along to the same movements he did, doing them slowly for the sake of practicing. Fiona watched herself closely in the mirror, hoping she was doing it right. Adam nodded slowly and then lowered his gaze to her hips again. He kicked up the tempo just a little, patting her hip whenever she fell out of rhythm. After a few minutes, she finally caught the move and flowed with him as they danced.