20: Please Me

PG 17 and a half and 4 more months... and 3 weeks... and 29 days...

The next day, Adam and Fiona walked into the DanceDec together, hand in hand. She had just gotten off the bus as Adam came running up behind her. He had missed his bus again, but at least now she knew why. Even though she couldn't see them, she was sure he was sporting some new bruises underneath his shirt today.

"Don't think about it," Adam had murmured against her ear, after seeing her worried expression. He softly kissed her cheek, as if to help remove any pain. It didn't work; Her heart was burning and her eyes stung. Was there really nothing that could be done?

The next moment, her thoughts were pushed from her head as they walked into the foyer and were met by a cheer from the usual group of friends. Rani, Kalo and Dimitri were all sitting with some of the other guys, some already doing homework, while others were stretching out. As if nothing was wrong, Adam's lips perked up and turned into an instant grin at the sight of of them. "Hey, guys!"

All of them greeted them back with a shout and a wave, but then Rani all of a sudden cleared her throat and held up her hand, as if in class.

"Sooo... are we like, supposed to keep ignoring this or what?" She grinned and pointed between the two of them and their joined hands. Fiona immediately widened her eyes, not even having realized they were still intimately holding hands, fingers braided. Oh, God.

"Ah, shit," Adam cursed under his breath, his eyes turning to Kalo.

"I didn't tell them anything!" Kalo swore, to which Adam snorted. "You haven't exactly been subtle, guys."

Okay, she had a point, Fiona silently thought. But was she ready to go public with it? Were they?

"So, are you together or what?" Rani pressed on, still grinning ear to ear. Fiona felt her face turn red as Adam let out a little groan, but accompanied it with a little smile. "We're gonna find out either way soon enough, so just tell us!"

"Curious fuckers," Adam whispered, but then carefully looked down at Fiona, raising a little brow. Asking for permission.

She guessed there was no hiding it any longer...

– And that's why she gave a timid nod back. There went all or nothing.

"You caught us," Adam confessed with a sly grin when everyone jumped up with a howl and loud cheering. "Christ. Here we go."

"Congrats, gringo!" Kalo cheered and slung her arms around him, rubbing his hair. "They grow up so fast!"

"– I'm older than you."

"But not hotter," She patted his cheek, to which he rolled his eyes and chuckled. Then, turning towards Fiona, he took her hand again.

"Alright, we're gonna change and go dance now, if you all are done with the interrogation," He voiced, a disappointed, but theatrical 'aww' coming from all of them.

"You know we're gonna have to steal Fiona later for some girl talk," Kalo called after them as he begun tucking her away from all the attention. "Just to prepare her for all your STDs and what to do in case she chokes on that tiny—"

"Puta!" He yelled over his shoulder, but then broke into laughter when he got a very long, very heated Spanish reply back. It probably wasn't compliments.

Fiona couldn't help but grin ever so slightly, but her stomach was still bothering her. She was starting to think it would never go away. Maybe she was getting an ulcer simply from worrying.